Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ride height adjustment for SL

KevSull Too

Does anyone know where I can get the C spanner to adjust my ride height? Checked with Caterham and they don't sell them.

Demon Tweeks have two different types, are either of these correct?

Alternatively, does anyone in the Reading area have one I could borrow for a few days?

What would people suggest for ride height? (what measurement front and back, and at which point do I measure). Car is mainly for road use, and I would like to be able to drive over cats eyes without having to replace the sump each time.

*wink*

Cheers in advance.

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Absolute height recommendations are always a bugger because you get caught out by people running different tyres and whatnot. Also people have a habit of measuring the car unladen. Tricky.

I aim for front lower wishbones rear arm parallel to the ground when loaded and adjustment of the rear (on radius arms) until the rear steer does what is required. I haven't measured the rear ride height for years.

I also tend to leave the lock rings off the dampers because IME the platforms never move. This makes hand adjustment possible and you don't need a c-spanner.

Right!

Now have 70mm clearance under the sump. That's better than the 45mm that I had.

Anoyone have any ideas what a good compromise is for a K series?

Thanks for the advice Peter, the platforms are easier to adjust than they look.

Car's a little more tail happy than it was when the tyres are cold, I'll have to watch out for that. Atleast I can start concentrating on the road and traffic ahead when I have a passenger, rather than the bumps/cats-eyes/manholes 20 feet in front.

Edited by - KevSull on 1 Sep 2002 16:35:00