Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A question for the site manager

Ozzy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not read the thread, but have always thought merging for sale and wanted sub-forums would be a good idea, because there are plenty of us who are lazy/evil enough enough to not go on the wanted forums searching for people who may want stuff we have, but do go on the for sale forum as a first port of call on the site. If every wanted item was posted as WANTED: XXXX it would be easy to differentiate *thumbup*

No .. don't merge Wanted and For sale ... you'll end up with a long list that no one will trawl through.

As a seller I will sell to who I like.

Mostly this will be the first person to offer an acceptable amount of dosh but I can understand the need to check that the component is correct for your car and hence the dibs system.

It's up to me whether I wish to allow people dibs or just wish to take first guaranteed offer.

========================================

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

There should be 4 sections.

1) "For sale to genuine buyers"

2) "For sale to serial dibsters"

3) "Wanted for serious hard to get expensive items only"

4) "Mingebags wanted section, for that second hand grub screw I'm to tight arsed to buy new"

That should cover it *smile*

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

I always understood that 'dibs' was the same as making an offer to buy the item for sale - responding on BC means that the order of offers is transparent and fair (unless you cannot read BC during working hours), but is not the place to post contact details or how to make the payment.

If dibs are not an offer to buy the item, what are they?

Steve

Just to push it a bit, when I need a part - I want the maximum number viewers to see it - combining for sale and wanted would guarantee that. What are the arguments against? You could even have a title drop down, guaranteeing each post was correctly subtitled WANTED or FOR SALE. *smile*

Totally agree Ozzy, it's a PITA *mad*.

The time it would take the prosective buyer to post would cost nothing.

What is more clear to me from reading this thread, is that I am deluding myself when I think this is a club full of 'like-minded people' *thumbdown* *thumbdown*.

Paul