Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clear "JPE style" aeroscreen

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Some time ago, somebody had made up a batch of clear, full width aeroscreens simialr to the old smoked perspex JPE screen. On the understandably remote chance that someone bought one and would be prepared to sell it, I would like to buy it from them. It does not need to be perfect but I'm not really after a tatty one.

Failing this, does anyone know where and how I might get one made?

The Caterham individual race aeros are OK (that's what I have fitted now) but they aren't very effective and they aren't very neat fitting.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

• Area Representative

Shaun,

I made my own.

I borrowed a propper one, and traced out the shape, that I then transfered into AutoCAD to make a template to cut out the material.

I also plotted out the the 3d shape, and constructed a former to shape the screen around.

Once I'd cut the shape out of perspex, I heated it with a heat gun, and eased it around the former.

Mk1 had a couple of thumb prints, and a textured patch (where it assumed the texture of the towel I was using to ease it with 😳) - I sold that one to Paul Collins who sold it with his old yellow car.

Mk2 looks a bit better, and is the one that I've been using for the last 6 years.

It might help, but the original batch was done on the se7ens list but a chap called Johnathan Rarity I think it was. I bought one but never fitted it and sold it a few years ago. It might be worth posting on the list (or drop me a mail if you'd like me to do it) as he may be able to put you in touch with the company.

Phil Waters

• Support Team

Richard - will have to take a look at the next event.

Phil - a contact for the company that did them would be good. I am not a se7ens lister so yes please ask for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Support Team

Thanks, Simon. Replied to your email but the reply bounced. Please send me some pics - next week is fine as I'm in no rush. It will be part of a winter project to fit a scuttle that looks a little bit less like a colander!

• Support Team

Hi Stew,

I am buying Simon's smoked JPE screen as I can't get a clear one. If I dont get on with it I'll get someone to copy it in clear perspex.

If you want to sell yours then I'll happily take it off your hands 😬.

I nearly bought what I guess is the one you have just over a year ago but didn't think I'd need it :-(

Shaun