Click here if you are having website access problems ×

D type cage and soft bits hood to suit

The Pikey

D tube cage for metric chassis. This is the cage that allows the use of doors and full screen. I had a superb powdercoating job done a couple of months ago and it's in brilliant condition. Would also fit an imperial car but you would have to put some washers in the hole above the damper where the boss goes as the boss on the metric ones are slightly shorter. £325

Soft Bits half hood in black to suit above. As new condition £140 SOLD

Its in Kenilworth and would need collecting from there.

thanks

Jason

Edited because I discribed the cage as a curvey one and not the D type it is.

Edited by - jason fletcher on 24 Jul 2010 23:45:22

Gordon

sorry can't do pics at the moment because I buggered the camera up on holliday this week *redface*

It's the classic half hood in black and in perfect condition. Only about 3 months old.

Priced the cage too *thumbup*

Jason

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 21 Jul 2010 20:31:26

Would also fit an imperial car but you would have to put some washers in the hole above the damper where the boss goes as the boss on the metric ones are slightly shorter

Jason - sorry, more of a technical question - but have you put it on an imperial car to try it? I rang Caged a few months ago about whether metric cages could be used on imperial cars and specifically to ask if they did a conversion kit, and they said they didn't and that the cage wouldn't fit without bu99ering about with it *confused*

*wavey*

I'm interested in the half hood, but i'm not used to these things. So, I have a few questions:

- do you have press studs (ideal for me) or tenax along the screen ?

- has it been fitted ?

- do you have all the straps with it ?

- if it is tenax, do you have some press studs in stock (just for info) ? is it easy to change ?

- does the price include p&p ?

cheers,

etienne

BRG 1600 Sprint / Black Elise S1

Lotus Seven - Anything Else Is Just Transportation

etienne

it fits with press studs across the screen and then there are straps go behind the roll cage rear arms. This can be a right 🙆🏻 because the cage really needs removing to get them in but I think it might posserble to get then in without.

Fits in 60 seconds, takes hardly any room in the boot and don't mist up which are some of the reasons why everyone uses them.

I and 99% sure it will only fit the curvey so if you haven't got one then it's not for you.

cheers

jason

thanks for your answer. i guess it's not for me then, as i only have a fia roll bar, no cage.

i jumped on the advert because you said

It's the classic half hood in black and in perfect condition
, so i thought it was really a classic "classic one" 😬

nevermind, i'll keep hunting ...

BRG 1600 Sprint / Black Elise S1

Lotus Seven - Anything Else Is Just Transportation

Edited by - Etienne 7 on 23 Jul 2010 13:21:44