Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1967 Porsche 912 left hand drive short wheelbase

Mark Widdup

I have a polo red LHD 1967 SWB Porsche 912 which I will, shortly be advertising more formally. Before doing this I tought I would post it on here first to see if ant blatchatchers are interested.

I have spent many years admiring these cars and started to look at buying one this time last year. I put a lot of effort in to researching the cars, following the market and looking at carefully selected cars. I eventually bought the car only three weeks ago, so it is with a very heavy heart I am now selling it so soon. I must stress that I have not found anything at all that concerns me with the car, on the contrary I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb and reached the conclusion I have purchased an immaculate car. I bought the car with the intention of selling my Caterham which has been in the household for many years as I only have garaging for one car. To cut a long story short when push comes to shove I have found that I cant part with the Caterham and my children are horrified as they have grown up with it. Keeping the two cars isn’t really an option as I like to keep my cars in immaculate condition and I simply don’t have the time or space to run two so I need to acknowledge I was being a bit selfish buying the 912 and move on. I will be advertising the car at £16,995 and expect to get strong interest as these cars are thin on the ground and appreciating rapidly with several classic car magazines running features on them recently which has created a strong market. The link below will take you to the 912 registry which gives a market update on current values.

http://www.912register.com/models.html#values

The car is as follows;

Matching numbers with original delivery plastic card showing engine and chassis number.

Car registry on 912 registry database.

It has a comprehensive history file with a couple of very small gaps consistent with a 43 year old car. Los Angeles car until it was shipped to the UK in 2003.

Documents showing annual taxing of the car in the USA.

Shipping documents in file

The first owner had the car from 1967 to 1989. The second owner had the car until 1996. There is then a small gap in history until shipping.

In 2003 it was shipped to the UK and renovated by the private owner. I am familiar with car restoration projects and it has been done to a high standard.

Work included floor pan, jack points, brakes, headliner, new window rubbers and felts, new Webbers, tail light lenses, Hella headlights, front marker lights, interior mirror and new pedal board, front and rear hood gas struts, washer jets, dash recover, new Koni front and rear struts, interior lamps, accelerator pedal, suspension bushes, GT alarm immobiliser, pedal cluster bushings, petronix electronic ignition, correct brasila 050 distributor, brake master cylinder, front wheel bearings, plus receipts for regular servicing sundries.

The car was resprayed Porsche Polo Red code 6602. The respray has been well done with no evidence anywhere of the previous colour and it has been a windows out respray.

Paint is currently in excellent condition with a good deep gloss shine and only minor touched in stone chips.

I have checked very carefully all of the major rust spots and the car seems to be in sound rust free condition. The only exception is a blemish on the bottom of the nearside front wing which almost certainly is the first evidence of a small amount of corrosion there.

Engine is strong and smooth with the normal weeping sump pan but otherwise a beautifully detailed, clean well presented engine bay .

The gearbox does not exhibit any tell tale signs of problems, it does not jump out of gear or struggle selecting gear when on tickover. It is consistent with a 43 year old car and similar to all of the 912’s and 356 I have driven needing a bit of care from third down to second.

The interior has been retrimmed to a high standard without loosing originality.

There is a period non working radio.

Favoured by enthusiasts 15inch Fuchs style alloys

Contact me if you would like any further details.

Thanks

Mark