Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiring in Southampton

paul cardy

Hi

Converting an 2005 ex academy car to duratec. this car came ex an engine so wiring loom has not been marked.

Printed off some wiring diagrams from Caterham but some of the colours dont match.

Wondered if there is someone in the Southampton area that i could stick my nose in the engine bay ? Or any body who may have a different wiring diagram from mine.

Never did like wiring !!

Paul

Though the colours make it easy to identify a cable position, just find the end position of the cable loom and a plug position, the plug position on the drawing should be indicated by numbers, then either phyisically trace the individual cables or use a continuity tested from plug to cable end and mark the cable accordingly.good luck.By the way do you have to put a an ex academy car through a IVA emamination ?

Regards Phil

Paul

I'm near Southampton and run a 1.8K in my car. You're welcome to have a look. There is also an auto electrician just off Portswood Road in Southampton who are excellent (assuming they're still there) and not expensive, should you get stuck.

Stuart

Just re-read your post. I'm in Burridge so that's 2 minutes away.... *wavey*

But Stuart - isn't yours one of those old EU2 ones - no wonder you keep going on about not having enough power 😬

Again, if it is any help - mine is an EU3 (but now on an Emerald) and only another few minutes away from Stuart.

Mike