Click here if you are having website access problems ×

It was not the day to be in class 4.........

Chris101

Woken up this morning bruised and a tad battered, but thankfully as the Shelsley Dr said only the wallet seems to have suffered permanent damage ☹️ ☹️

I can only echo Ian's earlier post, thank you to everyone for your help, support, assistance etc, all very much appreciated. Poor custard is looking a little worse for wear but I am really staggered how strong our quirky little cars are - just as well really. I have replayed the video several times and all I can say is - it would have been my best run ever - if only I had got to the top 😬

Stangely the video kept playing so we have full evidence of everyone who looked at the car and particulaly some lovely choice comments - end of season video here we come 😬 *eek* 😬 *eek*

I thought my incident would be enough for one day, but then to have Paul try and top it - then Ian really upstaged me *eek* Just so glad only the metal sufferred and all 3 of us walked away still smiling - I can still see Ian emerging from the undergrowth acknowledging the cheers and applause of the crowd *cool* *cool*

Well we have just under 5 weeks to get everything back together - see you all at Harewood *wavey*

Thanks again......

Chris + a slightly bent custard 😳

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

I don't know 😔 I leave you all to play for just one day and look what happens.

I've had reports and seen the pictures ☹️

But I'm very happy everyone "walked away".

Simon

Competition Sec

Management Team Member

If in doubt.......Flat out!

Rob,

Just a minor case of over exuberance through top Ess, bit too much speed, a tad too little ability, smidgen of understeer whoops here is a very large and solid bank *confused* *confused* Up on to the bank and then run along on two wheels for a little while. Marshalls arrive telling me not to move or the whole car will tip over I now have three wheels on my wagon - cue song *redface*

As an aside, I think that the events of yesterday prove beyond any doubt that we all need full cages, certainly Ian and to some extent I owe the total lack of injury to the fact we both had full cages.

I consider myself to have had a lucky escape *nono*

Chris

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Get well soon Custard

Good to hear your also on the mend Chris, look forward to seeing Lynn and yourself back on the track soon.

I must say that the Marshals did an excellent job, I couldnt help but notice the waved red whilst I was approaching kennel 😶‍🌫️. Waching the footage of Ian, they were just as keen to react to his mishap too.

*wavey*

Chris

Sorry to read about custards demise, glad to hear that mostly pride was hurt.

Hope you and Lynne are back competing soon.

Sounds like the ladies in the canteen up there might have been lacing the tea with Testosterone on the day, a few drivers with a lot of balls *eek* *eek*

Robin

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

Does testosterone disable that part of your brain that deals with self-preservation? I thought that Pam’s tea tasted funny! *confused*

Glad to hear you are OK today Chris and also that Ian hasn’t suffered any after effects - although he may find the fame hard to handle *smokin* Even your attack on the bank looked like minor shunt in comparison and mine is hardly worth a mention!

Quite glad the video didn’t work though as it was very embarrassing to be up on the bank, drop to the tarmac and then bounce back up onto the bank again – as if once wasn’t enough!

Looks like I’ve gone and bent front offside suspension and cracked the top damper mount, although I suspect that there will be some chassis damage when it is stripped down. I will book my place in the queue at Arch tomorrow.

Like so many, I am seriously considering a cage after seeing Ian’s excursion – anyone know where I can get a nice retro version to go with the clams & leather seats?

Thanks for everyone’s support – hope to be back by Harewood where I have never been known to go off! 😬

Paul

• Area Representative

Chris (and Paul I now read!), glad to hear that you guys are okay. Real shame about the cars but they are definitely the easier things to be fixed. Hope you get it sorted out in time for Harewood

Cheers

Nick

-----

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

Good to hear that you are OK Chris, we missed your accident but I did see someone carrying a custard coloured wing around the paddock, I assume now that it was you!

Hope you can get her back on the road/track soon

Sam Pearce

Email: memsec@lotus7club.com

Tel: 01873 736356 Fax: 08456 838678

Thank heavens you are all OK – let me know if Custard needs any welding although your Reliant 7 may give us lesser mortals a chance!

Slumming it in Burgundy for the next 9 weeks so hopefully see you at Wiscombe

(if anybody traveling to France this summer and wants to stop in or around Burgundy - e mail me)

Best regards

Nick