Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T A proper 911.......

Martin S.

this is a genuine car which will kill me to part with, but I need to sell to fund a motorhome upgrade.

😳

😬

-------------------------------

Martin Saunders

DVA Power 1.8SS - upgradeitus finally bit me!

• 1 month later...

Just passed details to a friend who has had 2 in the past and gets the itch from time to time...

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

It's the (lighter weight) 915 box Rob but I've never really had any issues with the change, you just can't rush it like a modern box, it all adds to the challenge of driving an old 911! Anyway it's going on PH at the knocked down £13k tonight and will go into dry store if it doesn't go and as you say Rob wait for the inevitable 🤔 price rise.

Agree with comments about gearbox, when I collected my car fro Autobahn I found it to be difficult especially since it had been rebuilt less than 40,000 miles previous?

I changed the oil to make sure it was good quality

Then I replaced the linkage bushes and performed the re-alignment check.....WOW that did the job, the box shifts perfectly, not sure which of the elements did the job, but just goes to show what can be on these cars with small amounts of money and TLC.

Not sure of the outcome from last night viewing (car was paid a lot of compliments ref condition)? I have had a call for another viewing Wednesday / Thursday evening (it will have to be Thursday as I'm out Wednesday night)

Good luck with the PH advert.........not sure if I will bother with PH at this point?