Click here if you are having website access problems ×

a bit OT: Fishing Boat

Gridgway

My Dad is pretty ancient now and has decided that being over 80 and in poor health means he has to give up boating 'n fishing.

He is selling his Island Plastics 14' day fishing boat and trailer. This is a 70's boat that he thinks was built by the Jack Hargreaves programme "Out of Town". It is my Dad's P&J and he has lovingly restored it (and used it) over many years. So even though it is an old boat, all the fittings are new. New 6hp motor, remote steering gear etc. It has all necessary kit (sounder, fenders, ropes, fuel tank etc). My Dad is not only a craftsman and engineer, he is a perfectionist as well!

He needs it gone and has it advertised for £1750. However if anyone wanted to make an offer they could drive it away for quite a lot less. The trailer is old again, but very servicable.

It's situated near Hythe. It's a long shot, but you never know!

Contact me for more details.

Graham

Sorry, not interested in the boat, but you've answered a question I've been meaning to post on Blatchat for about 2 years!!! - I remember watching the tele when I was about 6, but couldn't remember the programme or presenter; as soon as I saw Jack Hargreaves name, I knew that was the one, and YouTube confirmed it! *biggrin*

You've made my day *cool* (I'm simple to please!)

I don't think it'd go down to well if I told the wife I'd bought a boat on the strength of a tv programme I watched when I was wee! 😬 Unsure if I watched How, I think I did, but it doesn't stand out.

DVDs are available of Out of Town - there are boats on some of the covers