Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Water rail problem

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I have a pin hole leak in my water rail (K series). This is the second time this has happened. The hole occurs where the little tab is that mounts the rail to the engine. Last time it happened I replaced it with a second hand water rail of the same type but this one has now failed in the same place.

The one available from Caterham lokos different to the one I have.

Question: has anyone swapped from the earlier style to the later style?

Are there any issues?

Hose length isn't a problem but are the temperature senders in a different place?

The alternative is to have the old one welded up but I had that done the first time and it was unsuccessful.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Edited by - Shaun_E on 27 Jun 2010 11:31:12

• Support Team

Thanks for the offer Nick but I've already ordered a new style water rail. I think the way the old one is mounted is fundamentally flawed and even if your excellent welder were to get his hands on it I suspect it would eventually go again. If Caterham don't have stock of the new one then I will contact you.

Thanks,

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

I had the same problem with my water rail (EU2) and got a newer EU3 rail - ISTR it has a different shape to the earlier one. The sensor holes are different sizes on the newer rail, so my VDO gauge senders won't fit. Not sure if you'll have the same problem...

-----

Rik Robarts - C7 DNF the future's bright, the future's no longer orange though.here