Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Castle Combe - That was fun

rgrigsby

Had a great day at Castle Combe today, good turnout of L7 clubers as well as a decent mix of other cars including some very quick single seaters.

It was all superbly organised as well, looking forward to going back next year.

Anyway

my best run of the day, sorry the camera is a little crooked.

Cheers

Rob G

• Support Team

. I was very happy with the time as it was about 1 second quicker than my first. Still way down on Rob's brilliant effort but Ok nonetheless. I thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Yep, great day all round, must say after the practices I was a bit dispondent but on the final run I started to "get it"and I'm keen to do it again.

Great atmosphere in class 1 , well done Andrew on a class win (and record) respect Al 😶‍🌫️ not far behind with the old Luton lump. Also, well done Lisa, fantastic first go, should warn you though, don't beat your Dad, trust me on this. *tongue*

Alan Johnson , great competitor as usual, glad that we both beat our personal targets and that I seem to be giving you a bit more of a run for your money after the shameful start to my season 😔

Good few of us had driven the cars to the venue and I think if we could guarantee the weather I might sell the trailer , mind you I think we were all grateful that the ASV was there for us.

There were a few comments about a lack of 3rd run but actually the brownie points of getting back home in time to watch the final episode of Dr Who with the kids made it worthwhile.

Might see some of you at Shelsey, otherwise roll on Curborough and the late summer hills. *wavey*

Edited by - FlymoFraser on 27 Jun 2010 09:19:49

It was a great spectator venue (once we found the only bit of shade around the circuit!) and Alistair and I enjoyed it very much. Good addition to the calendar - I think I might have a go next year *cool*

Well done to all the class winners and particuarly to the record setters *smile*

Now for the long break...................See you at Harewood *wavey*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

Great day - finally managed to get into the 70's on my final run - thanks to everyone for their help, guidance and support - Well done Mathew - Also class 4a! and a great drive by Lyn (so my wife said) + looks like I will need the color code of Adrian’s car to keep my SWMBO's support.

Away to Burgundy in 2 weeks for 8 weeks - visitors welcome (blat me if you are traveling to France)

Next for me is Wiscombe (I hope)

Nick

Well done Rob.

Thats 2 weekends in a row I've been pipped on the last run 😔 hope its not catching.

I want more power!!!!!!

How you did that with some of those lines 😳

Here is mine

A Blast from the Past

www.7tips.co.uk - for all 7 related parts and upgrades.

Yes I'll be the first to admit my lines weren't exatly great were they, no idea what I was doing through Old Paddock, clearly lots of time to be made up there.

Out of interest do you know what your peak speed was before Quarry and Tower? I'm just wondering how much of a difference my extra power is making.

Rob G

Edited by - rgrigsby on 27 Jun 2010 15:51:25

Rob it must be about you getting to your speed quickly or I think your speed through the chicanes.

My Speeds at Quarry were 123 and 117( the last run where I missed three changes all my mistake).

Tower was 119 and 118.

Apex at Quarry 61mph

1st Chicane 55mph

Tower 70mph

Final chicane 56mph

and 95 across the line although who knows where anyone actually lifts.

Acceleration wise how do these compare.

65mph at 200ft

101 @ 800ft

3rd gear was also the correct one for Quarry as the acceleration slope out of there was significantly steeper than 4th gear giving a greater terminal speed before the chicane. But I was over a second down when I brake at Quarry to my first run.

Oh its all so Easy to see your cock ups when you look at data.

Good drive Rob. Hope you don't come back next year *wink*

A Blast from the Past

www.7tips.co.uk - for all 7 related parts and upgrades.

Thanks, Neil! I had another great day yesterday and was really pleased to see my times tumbling again as the day went on (well, it couldn't get much slower than my first run, could it!? 😳).

Well done Jess *thumbup*- I hope you enjoyed your first event! You were very brave to make your debut on such a fast track!

Lisa

Phew! - that one very nearly went totally wrong. Missed the second chicane altogether in first practice and had a really scary spin after Avon Rise on my last timed run *eek*. It's a good job that the first run of the afternoon was a decent one!

A great Class 1 entry made it a brilliant day, and there were many excellent performances. Al continues to wring the neck of his car to an indecent degree 😶‍🌫️ and everyone's times were tumbling with every session.

Lisa says she didn't quite 'get it' but still managed to knock off 16 seconds between her first and last runs. If this continues she may well have to negotiate with her brother for a dual drive 😔!

See you at Shelsley.

Andrew

A good day out with some great weather to match and a nice flowing circuit. Shame that there was a surprisingly small turn out in class 3, most unusual.

My best effort can be seen

. Any advice on how to shave a couple of seconds off? Having started with a 78 the next 3 runs were all in the 75s so a bit disappointing really. I don't think my lines are too shabby, but perhaps I need to carry more speed into Quarry *eek* *eek* and Tower *eek*?

PS Putting more horses in the stable is not a viable option *tongue*