Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heater hose elbow - ALL NOW SOLD

Wrightpayne

Bit of background first...

I have a fresh air heater circa 1998 made by Clayton part no Q1016R. Water inlet / outlet about 2" apart. Hoses were perished and wanted to fit blue silicone hoses to match the rest of the engine. Ordered 3 samco 16mm elbows, however, due to the closeness of the inlet / outlet I could not get them all to fit nicely. I had originally purchased a Tefen plastic 16mm straight connector to join 2 of the elbows but this didn't work out and research showed they also produced a plastic elbow which may help with the installation.

I found somwhere that supplied them (an aquatics centre), however, with their minimum order value I had to order 23 *eek* (but only needed 1).

They duely arrived and I completed the installation perfectly with the tefen elbow and only 2 samco elbows and a short piece of 16mm straight hose. It all looks really neat.

Problem now is I have 22 spares. The tefen range has a very high temperature and chemical resistance and are used on the caterham external dry sump tank breathers. Link here though don't be fooled by the 8 in the picture!

If anyone wants a picture of the heater hose installation then sent me a PM

So I'll be selling off a few of the spares at £1.00 each plus P&P.

Ian

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 29 Jun 2010 22:25:33

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 21 Aug 2010 16:59:30

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 21 Aug 2010 17:05:08

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...