Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Has anyone switched from Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres ?

Nick Woods

All this talk about switching from Prisoners to 13" with A021R's has got me thinking about my tyres. I've got 195/55 Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres on 15" Prisoners which are getting towards the end of their life and the inevitable decision as what to replace them with is looming.

I already suspect A021R's on 13" wheels is the best way ahead but before I do that does anyone here have experience of changing from Eagles to something else on 15" ? - mine is the only 7 I've driven so I dont have any basis for comparison.

Nick

P8MRA - The green one with red wings

Edited by - Nick Woods on 28 Aug 2002 09:43:09

I've an old E30 M3 with F1's on it and they are superb and last well, my point being I figured they are probably too hard and take too long to heat up in a car less than half the weight - I have Yoko AVS on my prisoners at the mo and they're pretty good, get nice and warm and are handy in the wet and dry and they're only 50 quid-ish a corner. But ultimately not as nimble as tiddly wheels and tyres hence the move to change.

Where are you? You can have a blat if you're about 🤔

Thanks Jase - I hadnt considered AVS's.

I'm really looking for someone with F1's on Prisoners rather than a tintop who can give me a direct comparison against another 15" tyre, like you I suspect F1's are too hard for a seven. Having said that though I have to say I've found it quite hard to get them to lose grip - I'm running mine at 18psi and they seem to hang on quite well on public roads.

Thanks for the offer of a blat - I'm in Norfolk, if you are anywhere within reasonable distance let me know and we can arrange a meetup.

Nick

Nick , hi i don,t know what the goodyears are like but i can say that my swop from a529 yoks to bridgestone re720 made a big improvement (esp. the wet!) and they hang on well in the dry too 😬. those of us with the 15,s seem to be the odd ones out these days. hOPE THE LEGS BETTER *wink* ,

see you soon Mark.................... *smile*

Marc - RE720 are something else I''ll have a look into, thanks. The leg is healing up really well , the dressing I have on now is the last one it will need and is only really on to keep it clean and protect it. See you on Monday ?

Hoopy - thanks for the info, it was just such a comment that got me started on this idea !. I hadnt realised how big the price difference was though, the difference is more than enough to buy a new wheel for each tyre.

Nick

Edited by - Nick Woods on 28 Aug 2002 11:37:40