Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Buzz

Buda

Buzz

Thats what happens when I turn the hazard warning lights on, the switch goes buzz, the light comes on in the switch and sometimes (but not often) the hazards work, The indicators works fine and their switch doesn't go buzz. as the buzz is not loud enough to alert traffic of the fact I am causing a hazard I assume there is something amiss, is it the switch? (sounds like it), can I fix it (How - where should I start) or do I need to order a new one?

Al,

My hazard switch has been dicky for years - if I use it the indicators will fail to work again. I prefer the shout loudly hazard warning *wink* See you tonight at Varrington 🤔

Philip. D. Owen

Membership No. 3976

Edited by - taran las on 28 Aug 2002 09:17:18

Buda,

Sounds like you've got mucky internals *eek*, but check the connections are not corroded. The switch can be removed, dimantled and cleaned - but a new one is less than £10 from Caterhams, and is a lot less hassle than trying to get the old one back together once you've demucked it.

Dave H

C'mon Dave. It ain't that difficult to open the switch etc. Maybe it's because I'm a tight sod etc.

Anyway, a quick squirt down the side of the rocker switch itself with 'WD40' etc can help if you then flick it on and off fast for half a minute etc to clean off the crud from the terminals.Worked on mine!!!Three years & still working OK since the 'operation'.

Clamshell Club Founder Member.