Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Off-side indicators ceased indicating!

Tom

Yep, they've stopped performing their lowly task, but only on the off-side *confused*

Is this likely to be a fuse? If so, which one? And why only the off-side?

If not a fuse, is it the bulbs? And why would they both go at the same time?

It all sounds fishy to me....

Please help!

Try pulling the wires off the back of the indicator switch and buffing the contacts. One side sounds like it may have dirt/verdigris etc that is braking the circuit. Both the middle (common) and the other side are ok.

With practice this is acomplished whilst driving by repeatedly pulling off and replacing the connectors until they work...

BTW forgot to add that if a bulb has blown (or bad contact at bulb) the remaining light flashes at double speed to give you a clue.

AFAIK the indicators are on one fuse so a blown fuse would take out all the indicators (as would a bad common connector on the indicator switch).

Also check the connector block under the bonnet near the front wing, my headlights refused to work reliably on one side for ages and it wasnt until I undid the connector and cleaned it up that they started to work again. The indicators go through the same connector block as the headlamps - on my car its about an inch square and theres one for each side of the car - trace the wiring back from the stays to find it.

Nick

P8MRA - The green one with red wings