Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SHRAPNEL

Grahame W

Well I knew we were going to a live firing range but never expected the shrapnel to be bits of block and con rod from my own engine.

Anyway a quick thanks to all in the club for their practical help, offers of assistance and words of sympathy, also to the organising club and their marshalls for providing every assistance in retreiving the car quickly and conveniently.

Macmillan Motorsport and Barclays willing might even see you all at Castle Coombe

Graham

You have my greatest sympathy - I know how you feel! Shame you don't have the luxury (like I did) of having the winter to stick it all back together.

You could just pop an R400 in there - Im sure it falls into class 4........... *tongue*

Let me know if you need anything.

Best

Stuart

Well

I can barely credit it but 12.01 today and e mail arrives to say engine in, road tested and ready for collection, and as an aside they had refreshed the gearbox whilst it was out.

Macmillan Motorsport just saved my bacon.

All I can do is reiterate my thanks to all in the club who have offered help but it looks as though I will be at Coombe under my own steam after all

See you Saturday

Hi Graham.

Sorry to read that your engine decided to bite back. were you able to reuse block and head or were they terminaly damaged?

Is the new build the same spec as before?

Great service from McMillan's,hope the comeing weekend goes without any hitches.

Robin

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

Mark - thats my plan as well for running in

managed about 20 miles so far on the road, but hope to go to the local ReHaB meet tonight via a few places to get a few more miles on it

main issue is the fuel tank i filled up just prior to reaching Llandow and is still at 3/4 full

rob

Robin

Firstly hope you are enjoying your years sabatical, at this rate beginning to wish I had joined you.

Head and 12 valves was all that remained, head had a small mark on one cylinder that could be plannished out, but advice was to reuse especially as it had DVA's expertise on the ports. Rest rebuilt as before forged pistons etc. nothing trick.

I did originally ask for a new engine that was proven to be able to win in class 3, so they said what I needed was an R300 engine.............. Mmmmmmmmm

Best Wishes

Oh well ,I suppose that stops you worrying about when to refresh.

Sabatical going well, small knee op last week, Viv's sons wedding tommorow, friends joint 60th birthday on Saturday night in the cotswoulds and still a couple of days convalescing left before return to work.

Think I might have to enter the marshals sprint in August if there are any places left.

Just to keep the eye in.

Robin

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

Excellent Grahame.

I'm glad there'll be a smile on your face on Saturday. It looked a little dejected on Sunday.

Of course I have also felt like that all week also due to some chap from "SLOUGH" of all places playing the joker on the last run whilst I was concentrating on lamping hell out of the Chairmans Beamer wheels.

See you Saturday.

Competition Sec

Management Team Member

If in doubt.......Flat out!