Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-series build manual & VHPD wiring diagram

holland

Does anybody know if a k series build manual exists, I have been using the current one to install my vhpd engine and could do with actually knowing what i am doing for a change!

Also anyone got a VHPD engine wiring diagram??

Thanks

Suppose the VHPD engine is the same as an EU2 engine-

I'm not convinced the VHPD (R400, R500) engine loom is the same as standard EU2 K series engines - the ECUs are different for a start and I'm pretty sure they have different pinouts.

Will check tonight. Dave

The VHPD is a 190BHP engine on Swan Neck TBs

And the R400K is a VHPD with Roller TBs, MBE ECU and a different loom - if you think there are any other differences I'll be interested in knowing what they are.

I realise mechanically the R500 is more exotic, but I think the engine loom is different to the standard EU2 k series, and the point I was making (obviously poorly ☹️ ) is that it is the same as the R400 loom.

ETA - I guess the question is what does the OP have - an original VHPD on swan neck bodies, or a later roller barreled version....

Dave

Edited by - davef on 22 Jun 2010 23:16:51

I've got the diagrams for

K-EU2 non VVC (ie with MEMS ECU)

K-EU2 VVC

K-Rx00 on TBs - all the same loom - difference is map and mechanics. (With MBE ECU)

K-EU3 (same for VVC and non VVC)

And I also have something for the Duratecs

I swapped an EU2 1400 Supersport (MEMS) for an R400 (MBE) and the differences in the wiring were minimal apart from the ECU connector and the connections to the coil.

It was a fairly easy job *thumbup*

========================================

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

I have a lot of this in PDF form.

Unfortunately I don't have a webiste to post them up on.

Is it possible to post them onto the "new" Lotussevenclub.com site?

This is the sort of resource we need on Blatchat *thumbup*

========================================

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Thanks for all the responses,

I'm a little confused which engine is which...my engine was built by Janspeed for Lotus, i thought it was a vhpd...but it might not be. It has a '190 Motorsport' plug cover, thats about as technical as i can get im afraid!

Peter

• Leadership Team

I have one of these engines also (although currently it's spread around my garage in bits!). My understanding is that the first VHPD engines were built by Janspeed for Rover to supply for Lotus Elise fitment, although I also understand that Caterham claim to have developed the VHPD with Rover. I stand to be corrected on this though!

Standard but Nitro-Carburised crank, single tank standard rods, forged pistons, Motorsport big valve head.

Stu.