Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Xflow Performance

New7er

Peter,

Thanks you give me heart. The old beast will still rev to 6000 and can be pushed to 6500 if I really try but I self limit to 6000 at which point I am probably closing 80 in third but already feeling the power dissipating 500 rpm before this. There is not much vapour from the rocker box and very little collecting in the catch tank. I've never emptied it and it has less than an inch in there!

As suggested earlier a good professional tune seems the best first action and if there is another 10000+ miles to be had lets have the fun cheaply before upgraditis sets in good and proper.

Cheers

New7er

sod all that bother with upgrading my dear friend,just get someone talented to tune the carbs 4 u.

she'll be good as gold then,my carbs go out of tune quite a bit but feels ace when you get them right!.

if in doubt change the diff,that'll lose a tad top end but leave 0-60 shaved somewot!!!

*thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

saucer of milk table nine,meow

my 1988 1700 supersprint on twin 40's and 4-1 exhaust shows has shown 114 and 116hp at wheels on last rolling road sessions. Still plenty

of fun!!

1:4.1 diff and 4 speed sport box and 13" 70 profile tyres makes for great acceleration but is tiring at 70 plus mph for any long journeys.