Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2000 K Series Supersport 1600cc 176bhp

Dave B

It is with much sadness, regret, frustration and anger, that I am forced to sell my dream car. Spanish authorities have made it impossible to register the 7 in Gran Canaria ( except at great expense which I cannot afford ). I believe they are in breach of EU regs but that would cost me more than the car is worth.

Caterham seven year 2000 K Series 1600cc Supersport, 38000 miles

Too many mods to list but what the hell, here goes!!

1600 engine

Jenveys on manifold, piper 285 cams, verniers

VVC highly modified head VVC blanked off.

Lightened flywheel

Emerald ECU, mapped to 176bhp @ 8000rpm by Emerald

Apollo tank

4 branch SLR manifold, Cat, twin silencer system ( rear exit)

6 speed box

LSD

CC vented 4 pot front brakes, Race master cylinder, brake bias valve

Rear ARB

AVO rear shocks, Bilstein fronts, ( adjustable spring seats) with 175lb springs at front, Freestyle springs at rear.

New rear discs and pads, last August

New clutch and CRB, sump gasket, water hoses, last August

Engine mounting rubbers replaced last August.

New Carbon dash, rear wing protectors ( wrap around) and sill guards

Oil/water temp switch

Caterham by Momo removable S/W in leather

Odyssey 25 Gel battery

Battery cut off switch

Cibie H4 headlights ( LHD ) but replacement reflectors can be bought )

Clear front indicators with orange bulbs

12v Power outlet

BRG with Yellow stripe

FIA roll bar

Heater, currently disconnected

PRRT plumbed in

Luke 4 point harnesses, one year old.

Cloth S type seats.

Full weather gear, tonneau, plus SBFS half hood and draft excluder.

7 Grill

New ( last August) front clams and rear wings.

16” HPC wheels with ( ugh) 205 x 55 x 16 Toyo T1R’s ( needed for drive clearance at new home ).

Spare wheel and custom made removable holder. Luggage rack.

Condition is appropriate for age of car.

Last June the car had head gasket work, new liners, forged pistons, modded rods, new oil pump, new verniers. Valves lapped, new cam belt, U flex oil control rings, big end bearings. by DVA

Car was previously giving 188 bhp on original 4:2:1 SLR exhaust set up. I changed this for Spanish approval to twin silencer system with cat and now gives 176 bhp. Original silencer with 4:2:1 collector will be supplied so original bhp can be achieved. Spares include, brand new LH front upright with vented disc and 4 pot calliper ( ready assembled ), A frame rear bush, gearbox mounting, front wings, windscreen ( small chip) with surround and stantions, starter motor.

Currently on K16 OOX ( K1600X) reg but has been declared permanently exported. Will need Tax and new MOT which expired in May 2010

I will deliver this car to anywhere in UK on a firm commitment to buy ( at great expense)

Looking for €15,000.00

Dave,

I am very sorry to hear about all you problems, however I migh know who in Denmark that would be interested.

Can I have first dibs on behlaff of Lars Nielsen, then I'll put him in tough with you to see if it is at all possible.

/regin

Hi Dave,

Sorry, slight hijack. Were you the Guy featured on that TV show a few months ago? Very sorry to hear you can't keep the car out there. My brother keeps a car at his place in Portugal, but rather than the hassle of trying to register it, he keeps it on UK plates, and brings it back once a year for the Mot. Probably a bit more tricky/expensive to do the same from where you are though!

Nigel.

C7 FST....Powered by DVA

A Wolf in Clams Clothing!

Hi Nigel

Yes cash in the attic that was me. Unfortunately I have legally taken up residence here so am not allowed to drive the car on foreign plates. If that were not the case I would certainly drive back to UK once a year. Spanish authorities just dont give a s**t about EU regs. Ho Hum.

Dave B

My girlfriends parents are also registered as permanent residents in southern spain, but have kept their Jaguar on UK plates and drive it back every year for MOT and tax. *smile*

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) Joint AR, 07718 368173.

1400 supersport race car

Hi Dave

Trouble is I have surrendered V5c to DVLA and received a certificate of permanent export so effectively the car no longer exists in UK. I have tried 10 times a day to ring DVLA but " Due to high demand all our lines are busy". If worse comes to worse I will tell them I have moved back to UK and see if I can get another V5c. Bit tricky driving the Caterham on UK plates though as officially you can only drive for 6 months and the Caterham does sort of stand out. I believe it is the only one on the island.

Dave B

Hi CageyH

I did ask CC about this before I moved and was told that CoC could not be issued as the car was first registered before these came into effect. If anyone knows different please let me know. I am aware that regs change frequently. I do have a UK type approval certificate but the authorities here wont accept that. So much for the EU statement that the moving of vehicles between member states is simple *thumbdown*

Dave B