Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Source dry sump cap

Fishy Dave

Hello,

I'm looking for a replacement cap for my Caterham dry sump system (my one has leaked for some time). It's the early purple pumped version from Titan. Caterham don't have any stock, and gave permission for me to source one from Titan directly. They have one in stock but want £30 for it! Having double checked this is the same part I have politely declined.

I don't mind paying good money for quality parts, but this resembles a radiator cap with a cork seal ring, the type of thing you could buy for a few pounds.

So, anyone have any suggestions please as to where else I can buy one?

Thanks, David

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) Joint AR, 07718 368173.

1400 supersport race car

Dave a very difficult thing to get those caps.

I have tried! No success as yet 😔

The alternative was to have some cork gasket made, only cost a few pennies.

Replaced mine and leaking is down a lot.

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

I have tried a rubber O ring, and using this as well as the cork seal has reduced the flow but it's still enough to get into the bell housing. Now I have taken the clutch off I can see a bit of oil contamination so want to avoid that again.

It seems to be a problem with the return spring not having enough strength in it to provide a satisfactory seal. Reducing the level of oil also helped, but again isn't ideal.

I will keep hunting for the next week I think. *smile*

1400 supersport race car

Hi Jack and others, I have found the original supplier here - Ceandess

I have e-mailed them, with photos of the cap and asked for a replacement price and also if their is an option to have one with a thicker/stronger spring made.

Will let you know the reply, cheers, Dave.

1400 supersport race car

• 3 months later...

I have had a reply from the company, only took just over 3 1/2 months 😬 Looks like we'd have to do a group buy, and not sure their is enough demand on here? What do you think?

reply as follows -

David

The price of this Cap would be £6.00 plus post & packaging, however a minimum order charge of £50.00 is required. Please also note that we only supply this Cap with a cork gasket.

Regards

Peter Killey

Ceandess(Wolverhampton) Limited

Used to be a 1400, now 1600 supersport race car www.racelife.co.uk

I don't want one - but with Titan wanting £30 each, and Caterham not having any - ordering 9 from Ceandess, and moving the first three on to those listed above for £12 each would seem like a good "business" opportunity for anyone else who needs one.

Costs almost covered immediately, you get a cap for £14 and have 5 more available to people who read this thread later. Bulk buyer could be mercenary and keep the profit or altruistic and donate any "profit" to charity.

Whatever .. .. .. everybody wins.

Just a thought.