Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Next Years Calendar - Yes Already!

Simon.Rogers1

I have already been contacted by both Brecon MC (Epynt) and Swansea MC (Llys y Fran)

who are trying to organise next years dates. Each of them feel there may be room to alter dates and really want to make sure they cater for our needs.

I'd like to run some ideas by you and would appreciate your views.

1. I feel the May schedule is a bit to busy.

2. I would therefore like to open the calendar up a bit.

I have been informed that Llandow is likely to take place very early in May on the Bank Hol weekend. Llys y Fran feel this along with other events will not give them a full entry.

Epynt have had thoughts of a double header themselves perhaps around the June date as currently. (I have already stated we would only use the first day as practice).

Option 1. Retain Llandow/Llys y Fran double header early in May.

Option 2. Try and select a date later in the month or even June that is free. (But it is all so cluttered. Curbs 1, MIRA and then although we don't now attend Pembrey has a local influence).

Option 3. Combined with 1 or 2 we have the Epynt double header some time in June.

Option 4. Llandow in May as usual. Followed by a Back to Back Llys y Fran/Epynt in Mid June.

My questions.

Do you think May is to busy?

Would you drive down to Llys y Fran as a one off event on any date?

Would you drive down for 2 Welsh Hills in one weekend? (Perhaps on the 11th/12th June)

Would you do an Epynt Double header? (I know you haven't been for the first time yet).

Its all very open at the moment and these are just ideas. You may not feel the same.

Let me know.

Competition Sec

Management Team Member

If in doubt.......Flat out!

Simon

My questions.

Would you drive down for 2 Welsh Hills in one weekend? (Perhaps on the 11th/12th June)

Would you do an Epynt Double header? (I know you haven't been for the first time yet).

No

Probably not (last time left at 3am *eek*)

Yes

Wait and see how well the event is run

But there will be 50 different opinions....... *smile*

Malcolm

Edited by - Englishmaninwales on 14 Jun 2010 20:47:51

As a first time competitor this year I found the double header at Llandow & llys-y-fran made the weekend much more appealing & cost effective.

May did seem a bit of a blur but was thoroughly enjoyable and did leave some gaps.

llys-y-fran is a great venue and it would be a touch and go call to do/not to do as a single event. thoroughly enjoyed a great event which is a shame was unrepresented by the club.

Definatley do 2 welsh hills in one weekend or indeed any two welsh events.

Probably do epynt as a double header.

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits. .CaterBram on Facebook

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 14 Jun 2010 21:39:11

I would only do Llandow as a one off.

Llys y Fran has to be a double header for me, as great as it is

No idea about Epynt, especially as it seems to be half way between Llandow & LyF.

Although not an option on offer I think I could enjoy a

Castle Combe/Llandow double header

followed by an Epynt/LyF double header

or vice versa in all combinations

May being too busy....I missed this year so can't really comment, but I always dislike the summer lull, so if that can be evened out 'twould be great. In other words, I don't notice the business (until SWMBO complains), but do notice the omission.

Enjoy,

Mike

(aka VII SVN)

*arrowright*Do you think May is to busy?

Yes, but always a challenge to have a balanced calendar

*arrowright*Would you drive down to Llys y Fran as a one off event on any date?

probably not

*arrowright*Would you drive down for 2 Welsh Hills in one weekend? (Perhaps on the 11th/12th June)

possibly - is the chicken shed available

*arrowright*Would you do an Epynt Double header? (I know you haven't been for the first time yet).

Without having been before hard to say but in theory yes

My thoughts (I speak only for the pink half of Team Calvert 😳):

May is busy but not unmanageably so *smile*

Personally I love the Llandow / Llys y Fran weekend and would be reluctant to see it changed. However, experience at Epynt permitting, I'd be just as happy with a double hill weekend. Having Llandow / Epynt or even Castle Combe comined with Llys y Fran makes the journey worth while.

Decision to attend Llys y fran as a standalone event would be more marginal for me - but I probably would as I like the hill (and I have to go back there next year to beat TP *tongue*)

As for a double header at Epynt - yes I would consider it, although non-championship events are a luxury that I might not be able to manage now that we have a little Drowned Rat Racer *smile*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

• Support Team

Do you think May is to busy? No - fine for me. I actually think having gaps in the season is good because it allows some time for holidays. If the sprints were more evenly distributed it might be a problem to find 2 consecutive weekends free.

Would you drive down to Llys y Fran as a one off event on any date? Not sure - it a long trek for a single event.

Would you drive down for 2 Welsh Hills in one weekend? (Perhaps on the 11th/12th June). Almost certainly although 12th is Gill's birthday!

Would you do an Epynt Double header? (I know you haven't been for the first time yet). Probably - have done all the other double headers when the first is not a championship event.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

South Coast long distanceTraveller here:

Yes, but going to Llys y Fran after is the only thing that makes Llandow acceptable (yes I know I am the only one that can't get round it).

Would you drive down for 2 Welsh Hills in one weekend? Definitely a great idea.

Would you do an Epynt Double header? Possibly, but would prefer the two hills in one weekend.

Lynn

Having fun with Custard

Busy but fun - gets the Championship off to a good quick start

Yes (I'm biased though)

Yes (still biased)

Let's see how next weekend goes

A hill double header then a circuit double would be my preference.

MH, I did enjoy the Pembrey weekend too (tainted after witnessing some of the issues)