Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Switching to 13" rims - advice please

SteveP

Nice one chaps, all sorted I think on the tyres *cool*

minataurs or supalites then? *thumbup* *thumbdown*

I personally don't think I'd notice much difference weight wise so I guess it's down to aesthetics(obviously other half would now she's an expert after Curborough ladies day) *confused*

I promise to stop asking questions after this one...

Despite the fact that they may be a bit heavier (and the difference between the std versions of both - Supalite do a lighter weight version too - would be minimal) I'd probably go Minataurs.

I've heard quite a few stories of Supalites not fitting - here on the back and also on the front if you have big brakes.

Have a word with Polley and I'm certain they'll sort you out should they cause problems fit wise.

Thanks for all the input guys, but I still haven't the info I need (or perhaps I'm just missing it).

6 x 13 KN Minators as supplied by Caterham, 18 or 23mm offset? Positive or negative?

Can someone also define what is positive offset and what is negative - the reason I ask this is that information on the Compomotive site defines negative offset as the mounting face of the wheel is closer to the outside rim whereas the Superlite site defines it as the complete opposite.

Also does ETxx (where xx is a number) mean positive or negative offset? I'm confused as again Compomotive list ET-xx as meaning positive offset ! *confused*

I'm particularly interested as I have a set of Compomotive MLs that might be for sale and I want to be able to advertise them correctly!

Thanks

SteveP

Edited by - SteveP on 29 Aug 2002 11:01:47