Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Alternator for Crossflow

Cannonball Bob

Bob,

Get the old one repaired. Much cheaper than a new (K) one.

Call Roger @

Power Components

Unit 1, The Old Dairy, White Chimney Row, Westbourne, Emsworth, Hants, PO10 8SD

01234 378460

Done mine and Clawhammer's recently. Nice chap offering excellent service and very reasonable prices.

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear who recommends

Puddle Pet Care

He charged me £44 to refurb my K series one which included new bearing collar plus regulator/brush pack and test.

Parts for yours may well be cheaper. Worth giving him a call to see. He strikes me as someone who will give sound honest advice and not rip you off for the sake of a quick buck.

Is that new price an exchange? Most of Roger's work comes from refurbing exchange units from the local motor factors.

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear who recommends

Puddle Pet Care

When the Alternator packed up in my VX, I took it to my local automotive eletrician and he sold me a refurbed BOSCH unit for £60 (a couple of months ago). He may well have been talking rubbish or trying to get my money, but when I asked him why he didn't refurb my existing one he basically said that he supplies BOSCH and the VALEO unit it replaced was inferior. I know nothing about automotive electronics but someone more informed may be able to tell you whether a certain manufacturer's parts will be better than others...

Q41 ACF Classic Grad #98

Bob,

Ive got a Lucas LRA100 going spare, never been on a vehicle, so in effecet it new, fits a crossflow. No pulley though, you'd have to remove it from your old one.

Let me know if you're still after one.

*wavey*

Dry-sumped White Supersprint *smile*

Webshots here