Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

VVC engine install - electrics

MacP

I am in the process of getting an EU2 VVC engine built by DVA. I need to find someone who can wire up the ECU and engine loom into the main loom.

Car is a 21.

I have the complete engine loom and matched ECU and 5AS that came with the engine (Rover 200).

Can anyone recommend someone who could do the necessary work?

Thanks

Full rebuild, 1.9 Scholar, balance by Vibration Free, K06a starting with 160 head, lightweight flywheel, new type oil rail. Keeping plenum.

Aiming for torque, flexibility and reliability over outright grunt.

Going for uprated clutch at the same time as current one needs replacing.

The loom off the Rover probably won't be any good. As far as I remember a connector for the ECU is missing. Both are on the Caterham engine loom, whereas only one is on the Rover - the other is on the main loom.

/r

One of our fellow 21 owners is one of the guys that helped design the rover mems and another is ex rover and is currently responsible for the electrics on things like the new Jag..... Drop me a line and I'll put you in touch. He did all the electrics for my 21 when I rebuilt it.

Jack - i started with an eu3 engine loom and the normal 21 loom and he did me an interface sub-loom and new fusebox etc for it.

Yours is Eu2 and running an emerald - probably would need to be a slightly different setup... Not drastically different, but bespoke nontheless.