Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack dash

tbird

I have recently been getting "internal battery low" messages on Stack dash fitted to CSR,

has anyone changed the internal battery, if so how easy a job is it.

I have also noticed condensation inside glass has anyone a similar problem, is drilling a small hole in dash feasible to reduce condensation, or has anyone returned unit stack to dry and reseal ?

Tim

Hello Tim

on inside condensation of the instruments when this happens occasionalla I just leave it like it is, it disapears after driving for some time, 1-2 hrs.

On battery? I did not know we have a second battery?!

Rgds

Hanns Per

• Support Team

The battery low message sounds like a problem that needs sorting - I've never seen this on mine. I guess the internal battery is to keep the dash settings when no powered by the car.

Reference the condensation - it won't get any better if you get it resealed. I had to have my tacho needle replaced a couple of years ago (it snapped!) and Stack resealed the unit but I still get condensation.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

The internal battery is there to store presets/mileage etc as Shaun has guessed. They last 'a few years' but will need replacing from time to time. I had my unit re-flashed by Stack a year ago and asked them to replace the battery while they were doing it which cost next to nothing.

However if you send it back to them just for a battery change the total cost will be much more than the cost of the battery. It's easy enough to take the back of the unit off and have a look but I suspect it will be rather more involved than that as I suspect you'll loose your mileage reading. The Caterham dash normaly has the fuel tank calibration flashed onto it but if not you'd loose that as well.

I'd probably send it back to Stack for a 'service' and accept it as part of the running costs, ay least it should be OK for a few years.

Adrian

cheers for the replies, the handbook says contact caterham aftersales so I guess this is the next step, although due to the sporadic nature of the warning message, it first did it a year ago, then disappeared for months, while we have been touring it has flagged several times, I suspect it may just be a poor connection. Against this the book says battery needs to be changed every 3 to 4 years, the dash has been in for 3.5 years so will see what Caterham says and maybe give stack a ring

Tim

Against this the book says battery needs to be changed every 3 to 4 years

Mine has been in the car for 10 years *eek*so far, and I have never seen this message. As for the misting-up mine does that, I spoke to Stack and they said the they would re-seal it for me FOC (but I have never got around to sending it off to them).

Su77on Se7ener

Cheers for the info Doug, I thought 3-4 years, for what is effectively a Bios battery, was a bit short, probably means I dont need to panic about it this weekend 😬

Edited by - tbird on 28 May 2010 11:35:51

Write down you mileage etc. Then in worst case, if the odometer is stored in RAM, you know what to add.

I would, however, expect that you have plenty of time to get it done.

(Mine mist up too)