Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

headlights when driving in France

Stephen Long

As you look at the headlights its the truncated triangular section on the lefthand side of the light, from about 7 o'clock to 9 o'clock. I just use black fablon and have done so on my previous 8 trips in the 7

Hi Stephen, using insulating tape on mine at the moment. I just check against the garage door that the dip beam kick up to the nearside has gone.

Are you coming down to see me at Millau 😬 lurvely roads.

Tony

Hi TJG, *wavey*

How are you ? I will test the lights against the garage wall as you suggest (good idea) I am off the St. Moritz all being well. I would love to have more time to explore France. Perhaps when I retire

Look forward to seing you at a meeting to hear about your trip.

Longy

I've had my Mini here in Germany with xenons for 3years, including one encounter with the police (someone rammed me from behind *eek*) and nothing was said about my lights. I did have those halford stick-on deflectors but they kept falling off and didnt bother replacing any.

I've never been stopped or asked about my lights since i've been here. I should probably touch some wood now.

I use insulating tape each time *thumbup*. Dead easy to do - French coppers at least seem to be hotting up on the headlight issue, probably because it's an easy, no arguments fine they can impose. It takes under a min to do and lets face it, a Seven is not exactly subtle on French roads! Worth doing if only for the peace of mind and peels off no problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calm down dear, it's only a forum!

Despite my comment above I do always convert mine, either with insulating tape or those prismatic converters from Halfords.

I have seen quite a few d-i-y jobs with the tape on the WRONG side of the headlamp though. *nono*

Alan

Teenage dreams, so hard to beat.