Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Who has entered Epynt?

Simon.Rogers1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All

I think Simon has mentioned above that I would register on the forum to keep you abreast of things before the Dennis Motorsport Hillclimb on June 20th. My name is Martin Leonard and I am the Clerk of the Course.

Just to tidy up a few bits, the paddock is compact but I think we will get you all in, how many don't bring trailers? We'll really like you! The trailer park is in a field but has generally served us well.

The weather! If it's good it's great, if it's wet it can be miserable but the same for everyone!

The hill is good I'm told, we generally organise rallies so this hillclimbing lark is faily new to us. That said, we do prefer to put the emphasis on a good fun days sport and will not be over officious.

Awards. We will expand the classes so that more awards are available, there will be a 1st for each. Did someone ask for an image of a Westfield on them? 🥰

Ok, if you want to ask anything I will reply as often as possible and will also update as much as I can in the lead up.

Edited by - mctaff on 27 May 2010 19:47:46

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to it, like yourself i've found all the l7c an easy going bunch despite the occasiona.l banter.

I think some of us have been a bit slow off the mark with this one, but i'm sure it will be a great day.

Not the first time the support car & trailor have been in the next field.

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits. .CaterBram on Facebook

Hi Mctaff, welcome to Blatchat *wavey* I'm looking really looking forward to the event *cool* we're a pretty relax bunch (until we're sat on the start line) 😳 *biggrin*

David (Strewth! that was a seriously quick run) Lynch, I'm trying to get time off on good behaviour to attend Harewood, so might see you there (perhaps you can be persuaded to come to Castle Combe or Shelsley 🤔) With the pace you illustrating at Llys y Fran, it won't be long before 'King of the Hill' Johnson gets worried about his title *eek* *thumbup*

Al

Thanks McTaff for letting us all know, hope it's nothing serious.

Just been checking the event reg's and can't see any reference to the running format,

I know it will be two practice run's but do you normally run two or three timed run's ?

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits. .CaterBram on Facebook

Is the third run timed ?

I know lot's of championship's only count the first two run's so giving a third "Fun" run can make sense, however from what i've been told where a third run is timed then normally the L7C count's the third run if all L7C competitors who want to achieve a run manage to get one.

I have just added the new entrants to my previous list. That's now 26 of' us.

I can't believe that there are so few of you who want to return to lovely Wales.

Its a fantastic setting and a great place to test your learning skills against others. Apart from 3 people here *rolleyes* no one else has any experience of the hill.

So who is quick out of the box?

Who can learn a hill quickly?

Its a chance to experience corners like a rally driver would - oh and on the very same historical Epynt roads!

I'd like to see us get 30 entries come on chaps.

I might even throw in a BBQ at mine fro everyone on the Saturday night. I'm just 40min from the hill and its an easy drive. Plenty of camping available on my field. We'll even have the ESV here if it rains *nono*

And if that carrot doesn't work then we may just borrow some of the Army's LIVE rounds that they will be using that weekend to use on you the next time we see you. The addition of the live firing on the ranges will really make the atmosphere a bit special.

Its also a good deterrent for those leading the Yellow Trowel charge. here

Competition Sec

Management Team Member

If in doubt.......Flat out!

Chris, if you are 5 minutes from the circuit, I reckon that will put you about central to the mine field, so just be carefull if you get up in the night! 🙅🏻‍♂️

To find the circuit use Brecon as a reference point and then leave the town on the A40 in a westerly direction heading for Llandovery. On this road you will come to the village of Sennybridge at about 8 miles, drive straight through (A40) and carry on to the village of Trecastle in a further 3 miles. Pass through the village and shortly after you will see a derelict motel on your left. At this point turn right off the A40 and follow the signs to the paddock. Hope that helps with finding places to stay.

Simon is right is a great circuit to learn quickly and a beautiful venue, it is worth going just to drive back along the return road..

Lynn

Having fun with Custard

Umm looks like i'm at the north side of the area rather than the south, so about 30 minutes away, never mind.

I'll see what the final instructions say, still not a problem, better than driving 5 Hours from home before the event. 😬

You are right, the B4519 is the road you turn off, it's not the official route in but if you read an OS map you will be ok. It is a very hilly route and it will warm the brakes up, especially if you are pulling a trailer.

Cheer's McTaff, though I was going daft.

The Epynt Visitor centres off that road further down from what I can find on the net.

I'll have a look at the final instructions and then have a look at which route to take.

Sound's like it's going to be a cracking day. *cool*