Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Epynt here we come....

Chris101

As promised a report from the 'advance guard' on what you will all find at Epynt - our day at Epynt was in glorious sunshine, blue skies, 29.5 degrees - yes Epynt is in Wales *wink*

The first Brecon MC sprint of the year was held yesterday in the most wonderful weather. The setting is fabulous, the actual hill is some 15 minute drive into the military range from the nearest public road. Previous posts about taking your own supplies of fuel, water, food, drink etc are absolutely true - there is a food wagon but it does have limited choice.

The hill itself is quite a challenge and we are sure you will enjoy it - I can personally confirm the plastic barriers that form the two chicanes are hollow and not filled with sand or water 😬 😬

The organising team are very friendly as are fellow competitors. Marshalling was good with lots of marshalls in attendance. By far the majoritry of competitors where local rally enthusiasts - lots of sideways action *eek* *eek*

The paddock itself is very small and we have no idea where over 80+ cars will park - there where 40+ at the event and that filled the tarmac paddock and also the adjoining hardcore parking. The sponsors vehicles get pride of place and trailers have to be parked in a field, up a track 😳

We got 2 convoy runs, 2 practice runs, 2 timed runs and a fun run (run at full speed but not timed) - don't ask *confused* *confused*

It is true, the return road is circa 4 miles, is beautiful but take lots of petrol *redface* *redface*

There are 'facilities' for boys and girls, they are permanent but not luxurious *confused*

The one downside is the timing - it was really poor ☹️ If it could break it did - there where no visible displays and you only discovered your time when, at the end of each run, a chap appeared from a caravan with times handwritten on a page ripped out of a secretarial note pad. At the end of the day only class wins where available, no overall positions, split times etc. In our three years sprinting this is the worst timing we have come across, apparently 'this often happens' ☹️

The trophies are very nice, slightly spoiled by the fact they are engraved by a picture of the Westfield that currently holds the class record. So everyone who wins a prize will go home with a Westfield momento *eek* *eek*

In summary we cannot wait to go back - it is a great hill with lots of challenges, everyone is friendly - however the paddock will be a sqreeze and we hope they sort out the serious timing issues *thumbup*

See you in Epynt - C&L *wavey* *wavey*

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Sounds like quite a hill *smile*

What's it like for spectating (facilities aside 😳)? Alistair is coming with me to watch and has asked if there's a nice grassy area for him to come and roll around on *smile*

I have a stopwatch on the mobile - I'll bring it, and a scribble pad, with me *tongue*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

Hi Tam,

Lots of nice grassy banks for Alistair to spectate from and your tow car will be close by, as there is not alot of room for it not to be!

Beautiful place and surroundings with Red Kite circling overhead.

The length of the return road means that dual drives have to run well apart and the organisers were very relaxed about when we ran. It would be perfectly possible for you and Michael to swop over car and the little one, if you want to drive.

Lynn.

Having fun with Custard