Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WaxOyl Pressure Gun

jchasey

Time to put some waxoyl on my race transporter and I bought one of the hand pump applicators for spraying the waxoyl into hard to get places etc.

Except I can't seem to get the bugger to work. The Waxoyl seems nice and runny, pump the handle and pressure seems to build up, depress the button on the wand and out shoots some compressed air (but only for 5 seconds or so before the pressure drops off). But no waxoyl coming out.

Given I havn't used before, I'm guessing either I have a knacked hand pump, or it needs to be primed in some way, or I've missed something obvious....any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

The hand pumps always seem to block. There's just nor enough pressure to force coagulated lumps of wax through the system/nozzle. I suggest thinning about 35% white spirit and shake well to break up any waxy lumps. Warm weather helps but that shouldn't be a problem today!!! Phew!

P

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬

Also bang the can on the floor so that the stuff falls the the bottom for the pick up pipe to well, pick it up... I had to do this a few times during the job. As suggested above, thin slightly with white spirit to make is go further and easier to apply.

The gun works a treat and you can spray into rivet holes with it, no need for the extension tube..

Jonathan

My Flickr

-----------------------------------

95% there :)

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow.

• Area Representative

LADS TOP TIP 1:-

Decant Waxoyl into microwave safe container and pop in microwave to thin it down.

LADS TOP TIP 2:-

Stand in bucket of boiling water hot water (Not you - the Waxoyl). 😬

LADS TOP TIP 3:-

Wait until er indoors is out when you follow TOP TIP 1. *thumbup*

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

'Tis sorted now, the pick up pipe was indeed missing *redface*

Seemed to spray on just fine in the current temperatures once that was sorted, although I can see that the mechanism as a whole is not the most robust.

Many thanks.

John