Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Racing drivers' excuses

Matthew Willoughby

I thought I'd start a thread for all those pathetic racing drivers' excuses that we all have from time to time to explain why we are rubbish.

I'll kick things off.

The reason I did so badly at MIRA was that on my final run my seat hadn't clicked into place on its runners properly. As I grabbed 2nd gear off the line my seat shot back several clicks on the runners which:

a) scared me

b) put me off

c) slackened my belts

d) meant I couldn't reach the pedals

I would be pleased to hear of other people's moments of muppetry or racing drivers' excuses to make me feel better.

Matthew

PS apologies to anybody who thought I was being a bit grumpy at the end of yesterday. I was *mad* 😔

Viper blue and red Roadsport A. Speed Championship blog here

Of course I was on a record beating lap record run when I was red flagged 😳

and then decided to go for the artisic award for best piroette of the day 😬 to make the best of the rerun lap *cool*

I have been told the comments were something like

He's lost it,

He's held it,

No He's lost it,

No He's held it,

No Deffinatly He's lost it,

No Deffinatly He's held it,

No he's lost it but he's set off again. 😬

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits. .CaterBram on Facebook

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 23 May 2010 18:38:43

Caterbram - absolutely loved the endless fishtail ending in a delightful spin, as spectators we were like this: ooh ooh ooooooh ooh ooh oooooooohh oooh AWWW! 😬

Maximum style points for you..time for stiffer suspension methinks 😬

Personal driver's excuse..idiot muggins here somehow forgetting how to use the gearbox properly all. day. long. *mad* repeatedly coasting on a box of neutrals, 1st straight to 4th off the line... you name it, I did it.

Nethertheless, a BIG well done to Alan Bowler on his class victory, great drive and thoroughly deserved mate! *thumbup* *wavey*

Suspension set up's is a bit of a black art to me,

at all the event's upto curborough everything had been set fully soft 😳

Then "Advised" I should be running at 8 click's on the rear's so adjusted the rear's but forgot the front's at Curborugh.

the tried 8of24 at the front's and 10of32 at MIRA, carried a little too much speed around the sharp left hander but glad I entertained, my first red flag through me totally, really need a test day at some point where I can play with the suspension with someone who knows how the suspension should feel.

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits. .CaterBram on Facebook

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 23 May 2010 20:03:13