Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Go on then what happened at MIRA?

rgrigsby

• Leadership Team

Well, I'll start off with what happened with the Class 3 and 4 records.

On the first timed run, Tom Price not only beat his dad, but broke the class 3 record (Mike Sankey, 52.00) with a 51.98. *eek*

Second timed run, Richard Price went one better and lowered the record to a 51.8 something I believe (sorry, don't have exact time in front of me).

Mike Sankey then reclaimed a MIRA class record for himself by winning class 4 with a new best time.

A great, hot, day, only marred by somewhat chaotic morning practice sessions where cars were encouraged to go out in "random" order (which just meant long queues).

• Support Team

Class 5:

Simon beat Adrian by 2/100ths and I trailed a distant 3rd (about 7/10ths). Mark had trouble with 3rd gear so never really got in the groove. Simon Jenks knocked a rear wing off but didn't notice 😳 until it was pointed out to him and Mark got a bollocking for stopping to pick it up. Gill beat her PB.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Not sure who won the trowel. Caterbram Junior scored full marks for artistic

merit on his last re-run, which was fairly late in the running order, but from the

10 seconds of screetching, I'd say no grass was involved.

[Equipment loaned did not contravene any class 2 rules]

AB

• Leadership Team

Dmw - do tell us more? Was this grassy excursion on your second timed run? Oh, and are you going to Epynt?

No particular reason for asking of course, just idle curiosity :-)

Michael

Yes, well done Alan, great last run. T'was a close fight in class 2, half a sec or so covering five of us. Mat was 2nd,Graham 3rd. My head is still in my hands after being just quickest in practice, to wrong slot on 1st timed and then to hesitate for that milli sec on the last bend in 2....not like me this hesitation!!!! ☹️ ☹️ 😳 😳

Roger7C

Thanks, Al. It was a lovely hot day and it's the first time (after three previous visits to MIRA) that I felt I'd got the exit to the first bend and Tower something like right.

Good luck for Epynt - sounds a great addition to the calendar, but it's a bit far for me. My next event will be Castle Combe - are you going?

Andrew