Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1800 Roadsport. 200 + BHP. Metallic blue. SOLD

Beelzebub

I'm selling the Blue beast Time for me to move onto pastures new. The car did'nt even make three hundred miles last year due to work & family pressures. I can't see this changing for a while. Full-ish spec below. Thanks for looking.

here

here

here

here

here

here

here

here

I have MOT's & a file full of paperwork & receipts for everything I've bought for the car.

Mileages from MOT's are (Some missing but I've probably got them somewhere ?)

2002 7536M

2003 8724M

2005 10377M

2006 12229M

2007 14524M

2008 16022M

2009 17122M

2010 17415M

Current MOT expires on May 20th 2011

Caterham Spec

1800 Roadsport first registered may 1999. Bought by me May 2003. In total, two owners. This car has never as far as I’m aware been on a track day or taken part in any form of motorsport. Used by me purely as a road going car during the summer months. When purchased by me in 2003 it was a relatively unmodified IE standard 1.8 Roadsport with a few factory options.

The current spec includes.

Engine.

Scholar block based engine built by Dave Andrews in 2005

BP285H cams & vernier pulleys.

New fully ported VHPD head casting including big REC St/Steel valves.

Colsibro valve guides.

Forged pistons.

Single tang rods.

Pace dry sump system with Brise kidney tank. All plumbed with Aeroquip &

stainless braided lines & anodised fittings.

Brise starter with relay mod & alloy heatshield

Jenvey throttle bodies matched to head & ITG filter.

R500 lightweight low inertia flywheel & AP clutch.

Radtech radiator, silicone hoses & bleed tee.

EBD fabricated 4 into 2 into1 stainless steel exhaust.

Raceco 7.25 diam titanium sleeved silencer. 2.5 inch internal bore.

DTA engine management which has been fully calibrated by Steve Greenald.

207 BHP @ 7723 RPM & 152 lbft of torque @ 6698 RPM

Gearbox.

Caterham six speed, fully refreshed by Phil Stewart in 2005.

Diff.

New ZF Limited slip diff supplied & fitted by Phil Stewart in 2006. Ramp angles & preload to suit car. 3.92:1 ratio.

Chassis.

Avo dampers & Faulkner springs. Front 250 inch/lbs, Rear 150 inch/lbs.

Front Freestyle adjustable anti roll bar. Std Caterham anti roll bar on the rear.

13 inch Caterham 8 spokes in matt black shod with new CR500’s

Caterham AP big brake conversion on the front.

Lifeline quick release on Momo 260 mm steering wheel.

Unmarked bodywork painted in Rover Tahiti blue metallic. This is the original paint from TSK. There is no blistering anywhere on the bodywork probably due to the fact that the car is only used during the summer months & always garaged. The underside has been frequently sprayed with FS365. There is one slight nick in the NS rear wheelarch. The underneath is as clean as the topside & the chassis retains its original powdercoat. Never been out on a salted road…..ever.

Blackpack windscreen frame, stanchions & headlights.

Caterham carbon fibre dash.

Carbon fibre sill guards & carbon fibre wraparound rear arch protectors.

Magnesium sumpguard to keep debris out of the DS belt & to protect sump from catseyes etc.

FIA switch with remote operation.

New Hawker gell battery 2009.

Mocal alloy catch tank.

Aerofiller with internal flap removed. (So you can get fuel in).

Caterham four point 3 inch harnesses.

Lifeline 1.75 litre AFFF extinguisher.

SPA mirrors.

SPA dual oil Temp/Pressure gauge. Remote, line of sight oil pressure warning light driven from gauge.

Full Caterham doors & weather gear supplied.

SPARES PACKAGE. To be included in the sale of the car.

VVC head with one slightly bent valve due to VVC mech failure. This is almost new & was removed from a car under warranty. Would make a good base for modification.

Standard complete K16 head with fitted QED Q375 cams. As removed from the car by DVA.

Spare block cleaned ready to use or to be Scholared.

Std crank.

4 Single tang rods.

Two complete spare sets of hydraulic lifters

Std Roadsport cat exhaust & 4 into1 underbonnet manifold. Handy for the annual nailbiter at MOT time.

Caterham wind deflectors.

Assorted spare hoses & thermostats.

Crutch straps to suit harnesses.

FIA roll over bar (colour matched to car) & petty strut.

Not a complete list. (There’s other stuff lying aound that I’ll throw in)

I would describe this car as being in very good condition. The engine’s flexible & easy to drive. There are no flat spots or hesitation in uptake & the engine revs freely all the way to the soft cut if required. All the documentation from the rolling road including the power graphs is available. DTA software is available for free download & I have the map backed up & available to the purchaser. All leads to connect a PC to the ECU are included. After assembly in 2005 I’ve had absolutely no reliability issues of any description. It’s been 100% reliable & has only had routine maintenance. The fully synth oil is changed twice annually. I’ve never had the car cornerweighted. I would describe the handling as “pointy”, well balanced & predictable with no hidden surprises.

Improvements that could be made.

The car definitely felt better to me on AO48’s. If I was keeping the car I’d be going back to these as I only use the car in the dry. I’ve never had this car cornerweighted although the ride heights were set as close as I could possibly get them. If you like your creature comforts some carpet may be an idea, personally I can’t stand the stuff.

Any enquiries in the first instance via PM. The car is sitting on a fresh MOT & will include 6 months tax at the time of sale. I’m not splitting anything until the transaction for the car is complete.

Asking £15'500.

Car located in East Lothian.

Thanks for looking. D.

Edited by - davesport on 22 May 2010 16:38:49

Edited by - davesport on 25 May 2010 13:52:25

Edited by - davesport on 8 Jul 2010 17:42:05