Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Video

Simon.Rogers1

Alright guys.

Had a really good time at Curborough on Sat. Was great to have a nosey around some proper Seven's....it can get quite tiring watching 50 other Academy cars! Anyway...cheers for putting up with us lot and well done to all those who won :)

I was really happy to get my second win of the season and even happier to set the time I did. Not really sure I could repeat it, but I won't tell anyone else that :P

So....my 63.99 second run. Car is (obviously) a bog standard 2010 Academy car:

How did it all go on Sunday? Did the weather hold out? We experienced some drizzle on Friday and the place turned pretty trecherous very quickly!I was told the Class 1 record was high 63s? I suppose the tarmac must be the limiting factor rather than the tyres at Curborough!

Totally hooked up my last lap to get that 63.99. Looking back at the in car footage compared to the previous lap, and also compared to a few other onboards I've seen, almost all of the time I made up was through Molehill and the final corner. Wouldn't have fancied trying to go too much faster through turn 1 though. Get's a bit twitchy on the ditchfinders *eek*.