Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lighter, quieter and much faster!

Foxy Smith

Now 2 days since fitting my new Raceco Titanium silencer and I can't stop 😬.

It's some 3.2Kg lighter.

It's very much quieter, but with a deeper note that I really like.

Best of all, by virtue of enlarging the system to 2.5" from the collector back i'm seeing a LOT more power and the engine will rev much more freely.

The quality of the construcion is very high, best welding I've ever seen.

I understand Raceco are going to be at Curbourgh this weekend. I strongly advise you to have a look.

Alan

If I make it to Curbugger I'll be sporting a prototype new exhaust can too which is significantly lighter than standard, made as it is from Aluminium. I'm just trialling it for the manf at the mo. If it proves to be a go-er it should go into production very soon. My old can was a shade under 7Kg whereas this one is a shade over 3Kg. No prices yet though.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Julian,

I would hesitate to suggest that it would benefit in all situations but check out PCs comments on the current thread on upgrading K's. In my case I think the huge benefits were seen because I had an already powerful engine, Swindon 218, running thru a restrictive exaust system. 2" headers running to 4-1 collector with a 2" exit and an old probably knackered can did not make sense. I cut off the tail end of the collector and welded on a 2.5" exit (35% increase in cross section) and of course now using the Raceco silencer which has been very carefully developed on a flowbench to be non-restrictive. Ammo at Raceco implied 2.5" systems for engines of 200bhp and up and I believe you could get into problems by indiscriminately increasing pipe size. You could badly upset back pressure balance in the system and screw up the exhaust scavenging and end up losing power, c.f. try running an engine without a silencer, in most cases unless you modify the pipework you end up with a very unhappy engine.

Alan