Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rain

njs

After 6000 mile of a "Dry" car, I was undertaking an excellent training day with Hugh Noblett of Cadence, at Millbrook on Tuesday, when the inevitable Bedfordshire rain struck. We were deluged (we being High, myself and my DRY car!). I noticed on Wednesday that the discs and hubs were spotted with rust. Would it be sensible/foolish to remove the 16inch wheels and paint the hubs with Black Hammerite (smooth), or does anyone have any better ideas. I know that it is prehaps "sad" that I have kept the car DRY, for 3 years, but I had hoped to preserve a greater element of my hard-earned, by so doing.

Thanks for any help.

NJS

Painting the rear hubs can be a sensible thing. To do it properly you would want to remove the brake disc as the hub is recessed into the disc carrier which is slightly more involved than just removing the wheels.

I am amazed that you have kept the car "dry". I have seen it written about in adverts, but always assumed that some liberty was taken with the truth. I cannot help myself but to wonder about your approach to many other aspects of life... *wink*