Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Ali Pro Bolts

Pierre Gillet

I am envisaging using ali musroom head bolts to replace the standard bolts and washers attaching the flare wings of my 40 th Anniversary Seven in Pearlescent Ruby color to the body and chassis. The idea is that the standard bolts are too visible and using ali anodised bolts allow matching the colors. I plan using red anodised Pro Bolts on the Demon Tweeks catalogue.

Question: are they strong enough for the job?

Pierre

They are strong enough, I use them on my camcover and they do the job pretty well. Just never use them on life-important mountings as brakes, wheels, suspension etc.

Another way to hide the bolts is not to use them. You can make the wings fit tight by applying enough of silicon on the wingstays and just press the wings on. Then wait long enough for drying and check afterwards.

Cher Pierre,

if you want to glue on your flared wings, use Teroson two component polyurethane vehicle body adhisive (Teroson 2K) but beware you never get them off again because this is strong stuff even in an accident de wing will shear off but the strip where you have put the glue wont come off.Flared wings are best bolted on the car,for cycle wings it is best to glue them so you do not have the nut in between the stand and the tyre.For alu bolts see AEROTEK TEL:0044 1386 84 90 60 and have the heads sprayed in the color of your car.

Bonsoir chers Sevenists,

Thank you guys for your help and advices basically confirming that I can attach my flare wings with ali bolts. In fact, my plan is now to use anodised ali mushroom head bolts to replace the steel M5 bolts and washers which are bolted into the body riv nuts, and ali cap washers just to hide the head of the 2

(per wing) steel M8 bolts which are bolted into the chassis and which really make the strengh of the assembly.

I keep in mind the idea of using glue when I do cycle wing conversion. Teroson, recommended by Elie seems appealling.

Cheers, to you all.

Pierre