Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

O/T Ford Focus radio not working

Drumster

Ford Focus vintage 2001 with Radio/cassette model 4000RDS.

Everything works apart from sound on the radio. I can use a cassette adaptor for my ipod, I can change channels etc, LCD panel is clear but there is just a plain and simple hiss from the radio.

I've had the unit out, thinking that the aerial had come loose, but no. All other connections are OK.

So does anyone have any ideas i.e. am I missing something simple or is it, unfortunately, a simple case of the tuner having 'expired'?

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

Could be the connection at the aerial itself. If it's 2001, I'm going to guess it has an aerial on the roof above the windscreen? In which case the access will be behind the overhead light panel or similar.

On the other hand, it could just be a duffer *wink*

John

myothercarsa2cv

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 😬

Talloulah '08 1.6K Classic

£40!!! Way out of my league 😬. Already searched on ebay and there's one for 99p plus £5 postage *thumbup*. I'm hoping there's not too much call for a radio cassette these days. Music is always via the ipod through a cassette adaptor, it's just nice to have the weather/traffic reports when trailering.

I did look at an after market solution some time ago, the unit itself would have been cheap, but then you need a special wiring loom and a fascia panel and the cost of those was more than a new radio *eek*

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

The fascia was £120?! And loom £50?! *eek* Autoleads is the answer.

It can add up... In my brother's car, we got a head unit with car specific loom. Then we added a loom to allow the steering wheel controls to work with it. Then we added a Connects2 to link up an ipod stored in the glove box out of sight. Then we put in some new speakers to take advantage of the 4x50W unit... Then we added a subwoofer. It's quite good though *wink* I say 'we', Ed only lost all my tools *tongue*

Take a look at caraudiosecurity's website - there are always loads of good deals on there for wiring and whatnot.

John

myothercarsa2cv

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 😬

Talloulah '08 1.6K Classic