Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bonnet Stripe Specs

C7

I need to explain to my paintshop to spray the front edge of the nosecone, and a stripe down the bonnet and scuttle just like some new Caterhams and the 40th Anniversary edition. Can anyone help me with the specifications or dimensions of the stripe, or is there a template available somewhere?

BTW, did the 40th Anniversary have a very narrow silver line adjacent to the main sivler bonnet stripe or not? In some pictures it looks like it may have....

Here's hoping someone can help!

Cheers

Hi, when I got Ratrace to paint my all GRB car with the yellow strip, I just took along a picture of a car (happened to be a magazine) and they did it from that.

Drop me a mail at phillip.waters@sonybpe.com today (off on holiday tomorrow) and I can mail you a picture of my car to use in the same way.

As for the extra stipes - I have not seen any like this. I have seen a couple where they have a black stripe, say 5mm wide, running along the edge of the main stripe. So purple - black - silver - black - purple, if you see what I mean.

Phil Waters

Zetec is in and running *wink*

The 40th Anny stripe is 140mm wide and the stripe around the nose cone is 75mm, this follows the shape of the nose cone. There is no second silver stripe merely a 3mm stick on black stripe that covers the edge between the silver and the Ruby Red. Lovely colour scheme IMO.

Edited by - Rob walker on 24 Aug 2002 16:57:53

Thanks for the info guys.

Rob, very accurate discription, cheers!! Are there any really good pics of 40th Anniversary cars on the net which show this combination, as I think I've missed philwaters offer now he's on hols.

Do we know excactly what the paint code is for the silver used for the stripe on the 40th Anniversary? I found the Ruby colour code mentioned somewhere in the archives.