Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Castle Combe testing

Team Escargot

As I failed to get in for the L7 Castle Combe track-day and desperatly need the practice I have booked up for a 'silenced' test day on the 10th June - there are still some places left if anyone wants to join me. (Combe booking number telephone 01249 782417)

Sound Limit: 105dB(A) at 3/4 revs at 0.5 metre range.

These days are restricted to cars silenced to MSA Section A, i.e. Car Race Saloon & Sports Car Specification suitable for most sports cars and saloons or single seaters with extra silencing.

Track Time: 0900 to 1700, limited to 15 minute sessions and three cars at a time, operating a queuing system from the Avon Bridge. All cars must undergo a simple scrutineering check & sound test before drivers sign on.

Its £125 for 1/2 day

Let me know if you can make it.

Best regards

Nick

Update

Combe have mucked up the dates!

10th June is now a pre race day @£175 for half day (not a silenced day @ £125)

However, have been told that will not have to mix it with single seaters and will be put in with a more suitable group (whatever that means)

Alternative there is a track-day on 18th but with unknown levels of cars (or drivers) noise limit 100dBa + 20 cars on track at any time.

Any thoughts?

I am tempted to stick with the pre race day?

I have a few places left - £199 on a sessioned day, 12 cars max on the track at any one time.

Free instruction on a first come, first served basis if you want it.

Email me via my profile.

Geoff *smile*