Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clutch pedal click sound???

abbot

I went for a pootle around Paris yesterday. Roof off, no doors and it started to pi$$ it down. It seemed to make some people very happy on a dull afternoon.

Anyway while creeping through slow traffic I noticed that the when the clutch pedal was half way through its travel there was a Click sound.

Is this a sign sign of the imminent demise of the CRB or do I just ignore it.

I am planning to take the car to the UK next week and will be going up to Leeds so I would like to know if anyone has a similar experience.

Thanks

1700ss BRG/Yellow Stripe the only way to cruise

Half way through the clutch pedal action may indicate the point at which the mechanism is at its full load - IE taking the full load of the diaphragm spring of the cover plate and maybe at this point the Body / mounting for pedal and more so the backstop for the cable is having a tiny flex.

Have a second person sit in the car while you feel around the bulkhead area for a flexation in the panel - as long as it happens while stationary that is 😬

I have the same symptom and it's the cable moving to a new position. Under light loads, the cable stays still; when the load rises (just at the "bite" point) the cable shifts to a new position ever so slightly, and the internal length reduces by a fraction, hence the pop you feel through the pedal as the inner adjusts to the new outer position. On an xflow, it goes round a considerable bend, which probably exacerbates it.

Alex McDonald

Loud, louder, loudest... 😬