Click here if you are having website access problems ×

pair of black crotch straps wanted for Caterham harnesses

SUPERLIGHT91

Sure - may well be interested if you can deliver them for that. A quick check of the Caterham web-site shows them at £16.50+ea. so £25 delivered for a used pair is fair if they are VGC with the bolt set. Speaking of which the website shows some very long bolts... to fit them? does anyone what crotch straps should bolt to as - I've just fitted them to the lower harness points on previous cars, but it looks like they might fit to something else?

Superlight (mk.1) 1800k car #91

Hmm - how old is your car?

Do you have the tabs sticking out horizontally behind the seats? These are normally for the crotch straps.

You are supposed to fit them through these and through the floor as well. The length of the bolts & spacers differs according to whether you have lowered floors or not.

What's your setup?

Cheers - Simon

Thanks Simon - that makes sense - I've often wondered what the extra tabs behind the seats were for (now I know - thanks). Mine is a '99 K-Superlight and does indeed have the tabs. I will fit them properly then this time when I next remove the seats (I might be able to do the driver's one in situ as the Tillet seat on RHS is on adjustable railes, the passenger one I will fit next time the seat is out. Thanks again and on Mon. pls PM me on Matthew.stears@canterbury.ac.uk and I will sort you out with some payment for your pair of straps.

regards Matthew

Superlight (mk.1) 1800k car #91