Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Surround HiFi

Andy Best

Having upgraded the TV & surround sound last year I now have the following surplus.

Black Denon AVR-1905 RDS Receiver and Amp DS 7.1 here

Black Denon DVD-1710 DVD/cd player here

Elac 5.1 surround speakers silver (including quality cable)here

All working and in first class condition. The original leads/manuals and controls are present with the Denon items in their original boxes looking for £200 + P&P although GONADS is probably better. Can send some pictures if required.

Andy

Kevsta,

Thanks for your interest, I am open to offers on the items, seems a waste them just sitting in the boxes and would reduce the grief I get about my toys . I was offering the lot as a single item so that someone could get up and running in one go. In reality the Amp is the lions share of the package (both size and cost). Make me an offer and I will see what happens over the next few day's.

Andy

Tim,

Although I have never used the amp with a PS3 there are instructions in the manual to connect games consoles to the front panel. The choice of connections is video in and sound via optical or analogue L+R. The unit is quite flexible and any device I have connect via digital gave access to the 5.1/7.1 surround sound.

Additionally I would expect that you could use one of the normal rear inputs to achieve the same.

Yes you can connect the TV to video out, again their are choices of the type of connection. This AV amp was one of the last prior to the introduction of HDMI so as long as your TV and games console offer these earlier inputs/outputs I would imagine you would be OK.

As you are local I am happy for you to try before you buy if that helps make up your mind.

Andy

Edited by - Andy Best on 5 May 2010 17:56:44

Am in Preston - just trying to work out if I dare buy - have just spent stacks on hifi this last month (new Naim power supply, no not one of the cheap ones) plus service on amps and LP12 set up and extra shelves for stand.

Will think on for a bit - tempted to get for loft TV where I have the PS3 - the telly there is 2.5 years old so scarts mainly but has the yellow/white/red input as well as regular aerial. Let you know very soon!

Andy, when would be a good time to pop down for a listen? can you set up there?

Have decided it's probably just the thing for the loft so I can practise my bass with some lesson dvd's I have - but would be a bit daft not to have a listen b4 deciding definitely

[seems a bit daft to take away then set up, listen and return (buy maybe that's what you are counting on 😬)]