Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New Build Bell Housing Gap

jeffi

Hi all - When performing some final pre-cranking final checks around the car, I've just noticed a gap between the bell housing and engine block on the RHS, visible from underneath. You can see the flywheel inside. At first, I thought this was a handy inspection port, but then realised that water and grime could ingress and there's not way for it to drain out the bottom of the bell housing. This is on a Roadsport SV with Sigma 150 engine. Anyone else observed this feature? Anything to worry about?

Jeff

Yes this is exactly the gap I'm referring to - it doesn't look right to me as it could be a place for rainwater and muck to get in. The gear is the starter ring not the flywheel. I think I'll ask CC but if they don't have an answer I'll probably block it off.

CC cars will tel you not to worry about this gap, that the flywheel spins so fast it eill not let anything enter the bell housing!

I am covering mine up regardless of what they say! I have some 5mm thick Aluminium plate and am going to use a high temperature adhesive to glue it in place!

Garth