Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Strobe/timing light

Stef

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap one of these to do the timing on my x/flow?

Halfords fo one but its about £50 I think so was just wondering if there were cheaper around.

thanks

Steff

Do you want to buy or borrow one?

I got a cheapy Gunson jobby off ebay for about £20.

If you want to borrow one then I could lend mine, maybe a GONADS to you, or maybe LESG in Cumbria has one you could borrow.

Jonathan

My Flickr

-----------------------------------

The rebuild has started :)

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow.

Try and get one with adjustable advance so you can see what you are getting throughout the rev range. If you get stuck, BM me and we will try to sort something out.

Alternatively, go megajolt and use your laptop :)

A fair few on here with Xflows have done just that, it is a very worthwhile upgrade.

Jonathan

My Flickr

Out of interest (not planning to do it just yet) how much does the mega jolt upgrade cost?

Paul - I didnt think you'd have one since you have a K-series. I may do but it's probably worth me getting one myself since isn't it? since I'll need it every service.

MJ depends on the ammount of work you put in. The EDIS, VR sensor and Coil pack are about £25 from ebay, the MJ is about £100 ish, the trigger wheel is about £20, TPS is another £20, wiring is about £10, then it dpends on the brackets etc.. I made all my own brackets and trottle spindle (got some from Dave Walker I think) and the Dizzy cover bung from MRA Minis, steel crank pully from Burton £25. So about £200 - £300.

I got my trigger wheel welded to the crank pulley by a local engineer ( put the TW in the headstock of a lathe and the pulley in the carrier and weld at the right place).

It is a very worthy upgrade, ok it take a bit of time to get your head around everything, but honestly you will never regret it.

Jonathan

My Flickr