Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood Timed Run 2

rgrigsby

Looks like a good run Shaun, there's seveal areas where your lines look a lot better than mine, Woodcote and Madgewick in particular. I can't be sure but I think I may carry more speed through St Mary's and brake later for both the end of Lavant straight and the chicane at the end of the lap.

Rob G

Edited by - rgrigsby on 25 Apr 2010 22:12:11

arrggghhh!!!!

now i realise hey are slow under braking and cornering but i had expected him to pull away down lavant straight....

pity you didn't get 10 extra seconds and you mighthave been OK

did you get the DL working and any idea if you where up on your best time 🤔

• Support Team

No data logging as I didn't get time to set it up. I was surprised to still be closing on the straight. Another ten seconds head start would have seen me OK.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

It's interesting however if you look at the speeds exiting the corner it makes some sense, I exited the corner onto Lavant straight at over 100mph where as I would guess a 355 on 1A tyres would struggle to do 70mph around that corner. As quick as they are a 30mph gap is a lot to make up.

Rob G

My practice run is

. The first lap, my first ever lap of the circuit in a Class 3 car, was 98 point something seconds. Sorry about the sound and the wonky angle – not bad for an £11 camera though.

I would put my timed laps up but I recorded so much queuing that the battery died just as I pulled up to the line for the first timed run ☹️

Edited by - Matthew Willoughby on 27 Apr 2010 18:21:00

hey Matt, i got the same camera. I managed to get my first timed run recorded, but forgot to switch it off afterwards, so battery went too.

Trick is to work out how to switch it on and start recording while strapped in, I just about worked it out using the rear view mirror as a guide! Then remember to turn it off!

I`m trying to upload my video now....

1999 VX1600 Classic - andysteele.net - picasa albums - driving in marigolds