Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Number Plate - X7 VDU

Alex Wong1697456877

I have a superstition against 4's. My car was originally R144TNN which I really couldn't live with so I flicked through the paper to find a suitable number. VDU7X was the cheapest number with a single Seven in it (£250 if I remember right) so I took it. It took about 10 mins to find the number, call midlands registrations and buy it. No other significance but the car has taken on it's own identity, if for nothing else, probably for it's continuing saga of mechanical repairs and tweeks over the last few years. It seems to like breaking things just before or during sprints. Probably something to do with the rather hard use it gets. Last year it was the rear ARB and the ECU. This year it's been a front shockabsorber and a valve spring. It also sufferred a bent de-dion tube and a destroyed radius arm but I think that was my fault rather than the car's! Having said that, it did do 6500 miles from B'ham to Sicily and back in 2 weeks with absolutely nothing failing in 1999 and I'm hopeful that it will do the same in this years Targa Liege Enduro.

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

www.slipstream-trackdays.co.uk

The Caterham Links Page

_________

/ __ __ /

___ _//__T/__/_ ___

/ (_) (_)/

/`-'/o/ _______ /o/`-'/

/ /// ( VDU7X ) // /

/___/--_________/--/___/

Edited by - Alex Wong on 22 Aug 2002 01:47:56

A couple of years ago I went to view some flats that had come back onto the market. It was a new development and it had been marketed almost exclusively in Hong Kong. All the flats had been sold off the plans to HK Chinese except the ones with a number '4' in them - these were sold in the UK.

Anyway, the ones that had come back on the market were those that overlooked the graveyard next door. As the HK purchasers had come over to see their investments and seen the view they had put them back on the market - another Chinese superstition.

Alex... you're obviously doing this years Targa Liege...are there many se7ens entered? My good friend Martin "Spike" Buckland (famed for rolling his union jack Pheonix a couple of years ago in the Alps) was trying at the weekend to persuade me into a late entry... he meanwhile is rebuilding his Pheonix with a rotary engine....

Tricks...aka darstardly

Y57 CDS "Mutley"