Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The Laddie

Mike,

Just back from a warm and sunny Goodwood - excellent day with some good times. I am sure somebody will be along soon with comprehensive results but headlines are as follows:-

Class 1 won by Andrew Willoughby

Class 2 won by Matthew Jenkins

Class 3 won by Matthew Willoughby

Class 4 won by Chris Howard-Harris

Class 5 won by Robert Grigsby (in his own car)!

Lynn won fastest lady - again!

Hope all is well with you?

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Edited by - Chris101 on 24 Apr 2010 18:48:26

Wow!

Almost a complete family show 😬

Well done to you and Lynn *wavey* 😶‍🌫️ *wavey* 😶‍🌫️

Matthew his first Class 3 win *wavey* 😶‍🌫️

Andrew in his inimitabe manner *wavey* 😶‍🌫️

Was Tam back at Goodwood, I see she is in Llandow?

Enjoy,

Mike

(aka VII SVN)

Another great day at Goodwood, a lovely variety of cars and great weather.

Winning the class and setting a new class record at the same time helps a little obviously 😬 coming 5th overall for the whole day isn't too bad either.

It was my first event since Curborough last year so it was good to see lots of familiar faces, I'm lokoing forward to the Welsh weekend now.

Rob G

Edited by - rgrigsby on 24 Apr 2010 20:22:17

Cheers, I think lots of people had a good day beating previous personal bests all over the place. It was clearly a quick day for the circuit, I was a little suprised getting stuck in a batch of single seaters on my 2nd timed run though, 2 in front and 2 behind all based on lap times. 😳

Rob G

Hi Jeff

I can't speak for yesterday, but usually in L7C every timed run completed by all counts for L7C championship points. They won't count for the organising clubs rules, but we don't worry about that.

Does this please you 😬 🤔

Enjoy,

Mike

(aka VII SVN)

If the last run counted (as I thought it had) then I was pushed back into 3rd place by an excellent final run by Graham W for his first and well deserved class win, pipping matthew by three tenths or so *thumbup*

A great days motorsport, at a fantastic venue, looking forward to the rest of the season *cool*

Jeff

Think we will need to wait for Simon/Mark to decide on the 3rd runs My understanding is that 3rd runs count if everyone who wants a run gets a complete run - sadly time ran out before Shaun could complete his rerun - he was baulked by a Ferrari *eek* *eek* Or perhaps that should be - he caught the Ferrari 😶‍🌫️ 😶‍🌫️

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Great day – good to see old friends and make some new ones.

Many congrats to Lynn and Chris for another fine performance at Goodwood…. but the drive of the day for me was Rob Grigsby – 5th overall fastest time of the day and mixing it with all the single seaters and Radicals ! On such a fast circuit and with the brick-like aerodynamics of a Seven that takes some doing.

Anyone at Colerne on Bank Holiday Monday?

Graham *wavey*

It was indeed a lovely day and Alistair thoroughly enjoyed his first speed event (unless you count all the ones that he went to as a bump!)

Well done to all those who beat PBs and class records *smile* Many a stonking drive on what was truly a glorious day at Goodwood.

Mike (aka Laddie) - I was on mummy duty yesterday but will be back in the driver's seat for Llandow and Llys y Fran *cool*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

• Area Representative

A Willoughby double! Well done to Andrew and Matthew plus all the others on an impressive start to the season. And so it begins.... *biggrin*

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

Gutted over my problems on my first sprint yesterday, looks like spanners out over the next few weekends.

Currently trying to assess the problem and decide on repair, upgrade or replace.

Got a few ideas and will need to look at the old £'s to decide the next course.

But the time I did get on the track i've got to say I thouroughly enjoyed and would not have missed it for the world.

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits.

We are doing Yorkshire 3 Peaks in aid of Rotherham Hospice

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 25 Apr 2010 20:06:22

What a relief to get started again after the grim winter months. And what a day! - I always find Goodwood a magical place, and in the April sunshine yesterday it was just perfect. The track was excellent - very grippy - and inspired the confidence for many of us to get much improved times.

It was great to get the win, particularly on the day that Matthew got his first Class 3 victory.

The only thing missing for me was the sound of whistling wings. Roll on The Laddie's return!

Andrew

Edited by - Andrew Willoughby on 25 Apr 2010 18:41:11

Well done everyone! I thoroughly enjoyed spectating but I can't wait to have a go myself at Curborough! Banter in the paddock was great, especially as Neil seems to have gone a bit mad with the winter upgrades and bought himself the ultimate wooden spoon - he didn't stop stirring all day!!

Lisa

Stirring? Moi? *tongue*

Anyway, I hadn't gone half as mad on the winter upgrades as some 😳

Mike - Would it help you to feel better if I told you that it was boring, wet and the timing gear broke down several times giving us all only one timed run?

Sorry, I can't lie , weather was glorious, track as usual was challenging scary and HUGE fun and we all got 3 timed runs apart from L7Cs answer to Gok Wan 😬 😳 and it was GREAT to be back in the saddle again.

I tell you what, seeing these comments is really doing me good. It feels like almost being there, and I can mentally hear your voices making the comments.....or is that tinitus from the whistling wings?

Andrew, I'd drink to that 😬 if I could *cry*

If the commentary for the other events are as great then I wont feel so left out.

Lisa, don't worry about Neil just remember he's carrying about twice your weight *nono*....and that includes the turtle

Neil, My chance will come....& I know if my Class 2 doesn't beat your class 1 then I am in for deep do-do *eek*

Enjoy,

Mike

(aka VII SVN)