Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6k SS Wanted

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

P.G I'm really after a 1.6 K series.

Mike, The two cars in findit had been advertised on this board as well and the 1.6k is currently in Spain! The 1.8 would be nice but its getting expensive for my first time caterham. I've e-mailed Daren to ask about it anyway.

Incidentally, I'd been warned against the 6 speed car if I was going to be using it day-to-day as the gearing is too short. Whilst I know it's not a motorway cruising car (!), do you think the 5 speed would be better for day-to-day driving & for travelling any sort of distance?

Kev, dare I say I think the Caterham show room cars are a tad expensive!

Thanks for the help and please let me know if you see any advertised in the SE.

Thanks, Andy

If you're going to use it as a motorway hack then the 5-speed will be better. But the whole point of the 7 is that it's for *fun*, and the 6-speed box is much much much more fun (not because it's got 1 more gear but because the ratios are so much better - a cheaper alternative is to whip the 5-speed box out and get the ratios sorted).

Mike

Andy,

If you are interested I am selling my 1.6 Superlight. Its details are on the autotrader website - with picture. Its the standard superlight spec, but with windscreen, heater and full weather equipment. I use it to drive to work when the weather's fine but obviously need a back up - just to keep the suit dry!!

Its on the market for about £18.5k, which I know is a little more than you were wanting to pay. By the way its a 1998 R plate with 6400 miles on the clock.

I live in North Essex, but work in North London so that fits your criteria, and you are interested give me a ring, 01371 870931 or post a response.

Phil Curran

Still looking for a seven try this add from auto trader

CATERHAM SEVEN 1.6k series supersport 1996, P reg, 11,800 miles, BRG/yellow stripe, 6-speed gearbox, leather adjustable seats, Mono s/wheel, one years MoT, full weather kit £12,500 (07949) 243117 or katherine.beeley@btclick.com London (P)

Thanks for everyone's help, I'm now the pround owner of the vehicle described above.

I'll now have to start an intensive programme of finger excerises so I'm strong enough to but the hood on.....just to see what it looks like of course!

Thanks again, Andy