Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

CXR/A048 combo for track use?

Tangerine Dream

As my new R400 approaches being fully run in, my mind has turned to track days. I have always wanted the flexibility a trailer brings to the mix (currently being researched) and so want a second set of wheels and tyres. My thoughts are the current set up for wet (13" 8 spokes, wider rear, CR500 as per the options list) and CXR and A048's from Polley's for dry ... and to be used till bald! 13" anthracite should fit the bill.

I have picked this combo because I had a set on a Westfield once. Coming all fitted and balanced, they provided fantastic value for money.

A few questions:

Has anybody bought wider rear sets from Polley's? Do they already know the offsets etc. that I will need?

Am I best with medium rear and soft front? I think I ran this before but it may have been soft rear and super soft front.

What tyre sizes to keep the handling the same as now? Currently 175F, 205R.

Anything else I should know?

Hi, i'm certainly no expert but have just put in an order for 13" CXR's 6's front and 8's rear from Polley.

I'll tell you in three weeks if i've got the offsets right 😳 but i would suggest taking a look at the bulk buy thread for CXR's, it runs through most common offsets chosen for each wheel size and i found this very helpful to get to my decision which i sense checked with Polley before i ordered.

If i had a trailer i'd probably go for slicks, but i don't yet so think i'm going to go for r888's 185F 205R, there's a great club discount that someone kindly set up *thumbup*

Hope this helps

Gary