Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

I'd forgotten..

rgrigsby

just how heavy my trailer is, it's been over 8 months since I've done anything on a track in the Caterham and this weekend Ping is going to be driving my car on the Intro to sprinting day. Only the 2nd time she'll have ever driven it 😳

Rob G

Your making me jealous, here I am suffering enforced Caterham withdrawl by volcano, missing the intro to sprinting which i was so looking forward to and your worrying about the trailer .... :) LOL.

I hope Ping enjoys the introl to sprinting day, i'll have to console myself with the thoughts of Goodwood the following weekend, and i'm also sneeking in the MAC sprint school on the tuesday to make up for it.

Of course if I actually manage to get back to the UK. ☹️

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits.

We are doing Yorkshire 3 Peaks in aid of Rotherham Hospice

Well it looks like I maybe slightly delayed, Ping's on her way to here from East Grinstead but the M25 is closed between J3 and J2. She's currently stuck in traffic and has been for about 1hr now, given we still have 3hrs to go once she gets here I suspect it's going to be a long night! ☹️

Rob G

We didn't make it in the end, Ping got to my house in Kent at 01:30 on Saturday morning which kind of put paid to any plans of driving up on Saturday. I've done the driving with not much sleep thing before and it just doesn't work!

Still I'll be at Goodwood next weekend so see you there. In the mean time we're going out in the Caterham tomorrow and Ping's going to have another go.

Cheers

With a lot of luck l might make it to Goodwood. Currently stuck in Sardinia, on next flight out on Wed (should have been home tonight). If that fails next flight is next Sat!!!!!! Unless we can find another carrier othrr than BA.......

Representing the Caterham division of the VSCC 😬

Get the ferry from Santa De Terresa to Bonafacio and get Air France to Nice (or similar) from Figari. I think flights are more regular and you can always catch SNCF or TGV if you get stuck up to Calais.

Or get ferry from Olbia to Genoa, or Porto Veccio (Corsica) into anywhere on the French south coast. Again, get train north and ferry / tunnel home.

Or if you really fancy a challenge, go to the private side of the airport at Olbia and chat somebody up who has an aeroplane or helicopter. You'd be surprised ...........

There's always a way!

Stuart 😬

And if you really do get stuck, there's a go kart track about 2 miles from Porto Cervo (250cc karts and a bar - and yes, you can do both) or another big track about a mile from the airport at Figari with 400cc karts. *biggrin* *biggrin*